Rogue One - Edrio Two-Tubes

Oh, I did not think about that, I mean I saw many threads with people working on the same prop in the same thread. But if it's in bad taste I will make my own. My only intention was share with my own progress, nothing more, nothing bad. For clarification I wasn't offering my kits here I only reply for questions about them. So I'm sorry for the problem.
If I may, I'd like to call a timeout here for a second because I'm a bit confused...
@inkblot , are you now elilay?

If not, @elilay , I think proper etiquette would be for you to start your own Edrio Two-Tubes thread. Especially since inkblot has already expressed interest in doing his own run of these helmets; you really shouldn't be offering yours in his thread.

I only mention this because in other forums where individuals are creating similar objects with intent to sell them, it is a terribly 'faux pas' move to post your item in someone elses thread.

If you guys are collaborating on this project, please disregard the above, I just don't see any mention of the joining of forces by either party.

Thank you for the clarification inkblot. This is a really unique character in my mind because he has that Original Trilogy feel. I look forward to seeing how your prints turn out in the next month or two!

elilay, I think you just misinterpreted the photo posts you were seeing from everyone trying to help inkblot with reference photos for the back of Edrio Two-Tubes' head, etc. It was the way you presented your efforts here in inkblot's thread, specifically how you said "Hi, I want to share with you my progress." that created the confusion in my mind as to whether the images you were showing were inkblot's or your own. Had you said, Hi, I'm working on an Erdrio helmet too, I love what you're doing, here's a peek at mine... that would have made more sense and definitely been a little more kosher. Since you haven't even comment on inkblot's model at all, not only did it further the confusion I was having as to who's model you were showing when you started a post with "We are kinda there", but knowing now that they are two completely separate efforts, it really does kinda smack of bad form. With your quick appology here, I don't believe it was necessarily your intent to derail inkblot's efforts or bogart his opportunity to sell his model; I'd chalk it up as being that your efforts simply weren't presented as best as they could have been. If it were me, I would certainly begin my own thread so as to prevent any 'stepping on any Edrio Two-Toes' ;) <--- Get it? Toes. I look forward to commenting on your model in your own thread when you create one!

Anywho, like I said, I've just seen problems arrise in other forums from similar situations. I'm glad that doesn't seem to be the case here!

Will any of you be at Celebration in April and plan on cosplaying as Two-tubes? I'd really like to see these in person. So far I am very impressed.

Personally, I'm a huge huge fan of Rogue One. To me, it's the best SW since the OT.
I like what you've done so far ! :)
Am I the only one to think that it's a recycled concept art from TFA ? ^^
354f64afe1258ee03d420115db14503c.jpg

It was mentioned briefly earlier in this thread, but I need a bit of clarification. I've been doing some research on these characters and I have some questions and comments that I'm hoping someone can help me with. It may help with some clarity with the costume.

First off, for discussions sake, who is Edrio and who is Benthic?:
edrio-and-benthic-two-tubes.jpeg

I'm thinking Edrio has the chest plate and Benthic has the jacket and backpack. Is that what others think as well?

This was shown at sdcc and maybe other cons...celebration europe? etc. It is all wrong. It is a mash up of the 2 and not screen accurate from what I can tell.
hh1kyorqc9eihiwspjrk.jpg

This ^ is listed as Edrio except I don't think Edrio wears the jacket. At least I don't believe the Jacket and Chest piece are ever seen together on the same character in the movie.

Also, Edrio seems to get all the credit. On Topps cards and on the costume display picture shown above, he is listed as Edrio Two-tubes but Benthic, the brother without the chest plate, is the one who gets a majority of screen time in the movie. I believe Benthic is the only one who has speaking lines (in an alien language).

Have others realized this as well? Am I correct in my thinking? If I am mistaken please point out any errors. I am interested in learning more. Hopefully this line of discussion will aid in the costume design.

you are totaly right, benthic is the one with backpack and leather coat. this is why i have the false boots, because i start building benthic on the mashup pics, Long time bevore the movie was on Cinema :(

you are totaly right, benthic is the one with backpack and leather coat. this is why i have the false boots, because i start building benthic on the mashup pics, Long time bevore the movie was on Cinema :(

Ok, thanks for the confirmation.

Have you noticed any difference in the head/face? Is the difference only the clothing and accessories?

Also, all of the pictures from behind I have seen only show the head and upper back. What do the tubes connect to? For both Edrio and Benthic? I can't seem to find a picture of the end of the tubes.

Last edited:
As I study this costume, especially the photo of the rear of the head in post #39, I have had the feeling it is like an aviation flight deck helmet. Of a cloth, or in this case a suede, headcover/cap, which extends far down the neck. This headcover provides the foundation for the other components, such as the ear "muffs", back plate and skull cap/face which are then attached to the cover. I was wondering what others think of this idea?

As I study this costume, especially the photo of the rear of the head in post #39, I have had the feeling it is like an aviation flight deck helmet. Of a cloth, or in this case a suede, headcover/cap, which extends far down the neck. This headcover provides the foundation for the other components, such as the ear "muffs", back plate and skull cap/face which are then attached to the cover. I was wondering what others think of this idea?

This is how far it extends down the neck:
Aliens-02.png

I'm still unsure where those tubes go...or what they attach to.

hutt and Cambian Thank you for the edification. When I mentioned the use of suede, I am thinking of thin garment leather with the flesh (suede) side out and the grain (smooth) side toward my skin. I believe that might be what Cambian is suggesting but I did not want to make assumptions. I do not have much experience with long-term exposure of unlined suede against the skin and I was wondering how much of an irritant that might be?

Last edited by a moderator:
@hutt and @Cambian Thank you for the edification. When I mentioned the use of suede, I am thinking of thin garment leather with the flesh (suede) side out and the grain (smooth) side toward my skin. I believe that might be what Cambian is suggesting but I did not want to make assumptions. I do not have much experience with long-term exposure of unlined suede against the skin and I was wondering how much of an irritant that might be?

I plan to line mine and/or wear a sweat-absorbing balaclava under it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Dumb question: were these guys wearing helmets, or was the top part of their "head" skin or something?
I've been staring at those pics all the while modelling it and i still couldn't honestly tell you. There are parts of the forehead that are bolted on and shapes that look more 'regular', like panelling, yet those same organic areas also have some asymetry to them. If organic, I imagine the tops of their heads may be chitinous, like shellfish?

I discovered some more info on this character.

They have both an endo and exo skeleton. So yes, the outer head is organic and shell like. But it is a bit more complicated than that.

We know they need the mask/tubes to process oxygen. They have multiple other cybernetic attachments as well. The clear "eyes" are not eyes. They are lenses to help their vision. The metal greeblings on the ears aid in hearing and the geometric shape additions on the head help balance. Apparently they are not very well equipped to survive on worlds other than their own.

When you think about it this way it seems much easier to assess where the organic being ends and the cybernetic attachments begin.

Last edited:
Thanks. I had that same question about the "skin". Good answer and this guy seems even cooler to me now.

I have ordered an action figure of Edrio - this will show the back and I will post a picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is the figure from as far as the line? Is t black series?
It is not black series. The only two-tubes figure that has been produced is 3 3/4" 5 POA. It comes in the Jedha Revolt 4 pack. It contains Edrio Two-Tubes, Saw Gerrera, Hovertank Pilot and Jyn.

Reviews I have watched show that the tubes connect to the belt pouches on the back. Granted, it is a 5 poa Hasbro figure. It isn't the best quality. I am unsure if that is actually how it was on the costume.

I am hoping that hot toys or sideshow reveals a two tubes figure at celebration. That would be a much better reference. If that doesn't happen I think our reference material will be very limited since both Edrio and Benthic are presumed to be killed in Rogue One.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back