The Rubies Mod thread

Has anyone come up with a reasonable and non intrusive way to clip the gun onto their belts?

I'm thinking of doing this for Robin and it would be a really cool prop to carry around on my belt.

ee8b41a9a49760270cfa6833ae0f3611.jpg

We ,me and teragon had an test of the weapons display case last weekend i think it was a great succes Plus nobody noticed they were rubies guns

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my Rubies Grapple gun repaint. I think it looks pretty good. It seems a little undersized, but with a little paint it looks great.

rubies grapple repaint post.jpg

I just bought another Rubies Grapple Gun in the Halloween clearance section at Walmart. I paid $1.99!! If you want one check the Halloween clearance (anywhere) before they're gone.

Just ordered four batarangs, the utility belt, brander and grapnel gun. Looking forward to modding them all. I'm planning on experimenting with EL wire with the brander to make it really glow when it lights up, but no idea if it'll work as well in reality as it does in my head. Hopefully!

Well, everything I ordered came in. I goofed and didn't realize the standalone batarangs were the big ones, so I sent to back and just ordered two of the flashlight/mini batarang combos from eBay. One of the LEDs in my brander didn't work right so I had to return that for a new one. Going to *try* to add EL-wire to the brander for a better glow, though the way it's glued it'd be a real mission to do that without breaking it. I guess I may just settle for adding a single extra LED and then painting the plate with a thin coat of gunmetal and see how it looks.

Love the scale of everything though. I'm 5'11 in my bat-boots and everything is scaled perfectly. I can see why some of you 6'2"+ dudes are finding the grapple gun small, though.

C4G3Xz2VcAQrI-k.jpg

Gonna completely redo the belt with real leather, and experiment with a magnetic attachment for the grapnel gun on the back. The pouches and capsules will all be re-painted and mounted to the leather strap. I've got a couple other gadgets lying around that I'm adding for my own custom belt, but they aren't Rubies so I'll leave em out of here.

Really excited! Never thought I'd get this many accessories for under $100!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back