Walking Dead Season 7

They did the green screen sock with Herschel's leg, they could do it with Ricks hand a lot easier.

But yeah, wicked brutal episode.

Oh that sucked, didn't want Glenn to be one of the vics. Better than Daryll going but just barely. Guess Glenn was on borrowed time, after the dumpster debacle. It still sucked ! Hearing him try to talk after the hit, that really messed me up. Oh well, they'll probably all die sooner or later, but it still gets ya. I'm looking forward to see Rick keep his promise to Negan. I'm going to kill you ! Not today, maybe not tomorrow, but I WILL KILL YOU !

Read about the aftermath of this and...yeah, I'm definitely done with this show. It seems like the only juice it has left is "Who will be next to die?!?!?!" and to be honest, I just don't care because the narrative between asking and answering that question always seems unfocused and meandering. The show and comic both started off being much more tightly written, and now they've both become more focused around big shocking moments rather than telling a solid narrative.

Read about the aftermath of this and...yeah, I'm definitely done with this show. It seems like the only juice it has left is "Who will be next to die?!?!?!" and to be honest, I just don't care because the narrative between asking and answering that question always seems unfocused and meandering. The show and comic both started off being much more tightly written, and now they've both become more focused around big shocking moments rather than telling a solid narrative.

i can agree. i'm not a fan of the show but watch it to be able to talk with friends about it. because this is all they talk about. i think the show has writing consistencies.

last night rick was hanging off a walker... how many times have they dressed or used walkers in front of them to disguise them from other walkers... why last night when he was hanging on the walker the other walkers noticed him

little stuff like that bugs me..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They knew fresh meat was there. Rick was just running around with them. They knew he was on top of the RV because they chased him up there. But also remember, even if you are covered in walker blood, if you make it known your alive, they will attack you. Remember when the walkers attacked Ricks girlfriend and her son in Alexandria. Hanging off the hanging walker Rick was having a hard time blending in.

I have a new definition now of the term "bugeye"!
What, too soon?

Ok, so overall I thought it was a good episode, but it comes with a huge "BUT".

This show is just becoming WAY too manipulative, and it is becoming that way because the writing is getting weaker, and this is the only way they can make an impact anymore. This episode, and the season 6 finale could have EASILY been trimmed into one episode, and concluded with Negan leaving Rick and Co. defeated after watching 2 of their own die, and Carl almost losing an arm.

They continue you to cram in filler to buy time until they can put another "big moment" on the screen. They've got me until the end of this season, but if it continues to be a bunch of filler and cheap manipulation, I'm out after that. It is way too predictable. We know we're going to get a big moment 3 times per season- Season opener, mid-season finale, and the season finale. Most of the other episodes are just filler, with poor character writing and weak motivations. I hope they can turn that around this season.

...This show is just becoming WAY too manipulative, and it is becoming that way because the writing is getting weaker, and this is the only way they can make an impact anymore. This episode, and the season 6 finale could have EASILY been trimmed into one episode, and concluded with Negan leaving Rick and Co. defeated after watching 2 of their own die, and Carl almost losing an arm.

They continue you to cram in filler to buy time until they can put another "big moment" on the screen. They've got me until the end of this season, but if it continues to be a bunch of filler and cheap manipulation, I'm out after that. It is way too predictable. We know we're going to get a big moment 3 times per season- Season opener, mid-season finale, and the season finale. Most of the other episodes are just filler, with poor character writing and weak motivations. I hope they can turn that around this season.

^^yup, the ep. was too heavy handed but that was what we got from them fn up last seasons' ender. way too much imo.

I find it funny that many complain about the show but continue to watch it.

Henny Youngman: "Doc, it hurts when I do this" (holding arm straight up)
Doc: "Then stop doing that"

i complain about the direction and some decisions that are made, i admit that, but my take away from this is that i won't stop watching the show.... i WILL stop watching it live.

i can see alot of people being turned off of lastnight's show, it was a bit over the top. they could have maintained a better vibe showing who bit the bullet last season, then picking up with the second death lastnight, ontop of breaking Rick. 2deaths, breaking Rick, team family eroding and then a very sad dream sequence of what was once a dream now is lost all ini 40min., a bit much.

the story arcs began suffering seasons ago but every now and again, it'd feel like they're coming back inline but as i said, i'm done watching it live. record it, watch when i want and bypass the commercials.

I stopped reading the Comic when they introduced that fracking tiger. I was already annoyed at the rehash of the governor story but the tiger crap just ended it for me. No surprise who bought it last night and was glad for one but thought the other should have been someone else. I will watch this season and if it makes me feel like I did when I read the comic I'll be out. The episode itself was annoying and totally destroyed the emotional and dark aspect of the story with all of the jumping around through "visions" Rick had etc. Almost felt like the whole story was phoned in because they realized that they totally screwed up last seasons finale' with that moronic cliff hanger.

I already quit last season when Glenn "died" the first time. That moment revealed how manipulative and stupid the show had gotten, and how it had basically devolved to just trying to create "shocking" moments in favor of actual tight writing.

The comic hasn't been much better, actually. I read up through Compendium 3 and then decided "This is really stupid" and gave up. I'll likely sell all three on ebay at some point (or maybe here in the junkyard, I guess). There's just a lot of emphasis on "big" moments and splash pages, but the actual content is pretty thin and weak. The same way that the show relies on a crapload of "filler" episodes, the comic relies on "filler" frames. Whereas a page might at one time have had somewhere between 7 and 10 frames, each with something different happening and many of which included dialogue, now you get closer to 5-7 frames, with maybe only half of them having much dialogue. That's my sense of it, anyway (I haven't conducted a scientific study).

And the pattern is equally familiar in the comics as it is in the show: set up the start of a community, threat from outside (walkers or humans), start over again. It got some better after the Negan arc, but even that just felt...I dunno...pointless. The threat they faced was a little different this time, but more in the sense that it's a hybrid of past threats. And in the end, so what?

I dunno. I think the bottom line is pretty simple: it's a show/comic about the zombie apocalypse, and the people who live in it. And it's only as entertaining as that premise remains fresh. But like one of the walkers who should LONG AGO have disintegrated, the core concept has gone stale and probably should've been laid to rest a while ago.

I didn't watch last night. I refuse to give them any viewership during the Live +3 that actually counts toward their ratings after the crap this show has been pulling. I haven't particularly cared about anything or anyone on this show for a while now and I don't care about spoilers, so I watched the hashtag feed on Twitter for a while. There are a lot of extremely angry fans over the ham-handed manipulation present in this episode. I would not be surprised if the ratings slump they've been experiencing becomes more prominent this season.

I find it funny that many complain about the show but continue to watch it.

Henny Youngman: "Doc, it hurts when I do this" (holding arm straight up)
Doc: "Then stop doing that"

Absolutely. Are they trying to convince us that they don't like the show, or themselves?

I checked out halfway through season two. The two hour/six season recap was good enough for me.

I don't think it was any one thing that turned me off. It's just the futility of it all... No matter what they do, it's never going to be the same again. Odds are, it'll just keep getting worse. I don't want to invest that much time in that.

I'm pretty easily amused. So I still enjoy the show. Although I think they did really drag out the introduction of negan way too much. I mean, half a season before even showing him. So now, I wonder how long they'll drag out his character before killing him. Hope its at least by the end of season 7 and not into 8. So do you think Rick will be the one to do it, or maybe Maggie.

As for the "Why do you complain if you don't watch?" line, it's because I used to watch, and I'm disappointed that the show has gone in this direction. The show and comic had a terrific premise and a very strong, atmospheric start. The first season was excellent. The second season had a slow start, but a very solid finish. The third season was pretty solid, although it again dragged in the middle and had kind of a weak ending. By season 4, though, the show was coasting on its existing fame and allowing plot lines to drag on interminably. When the prison finally fell, and everyone headed towards Terminus, that's where I think the show really went off the rails.

In a way, the show has itself become modeled on the life cycle of its zombies: at the start, it was vibrant and alive and full of energy. After a violent and traumatic end to that, however, it moved on to a period of mostly just milling around aimlessly, until it lurches into action, usually for a quick scare, only to be quickly dispatched and/or resigned back to milling around until the next big moment.

But the shame of it is that if AMC wasn't desperate to string the thing out every damn season, and if the show understood how to effectively pace things, and wasn't content to be lazy and cheaply manipulative, there's actually a good concept at the core. It's just that nobody seems interested in that anymore.

If it were up to me, I'd end it in 2020, at the end of the war with Negan's saviors (which you KNOW is gonna drag on at least two seasons), and just leave it there. Ignore the time-jump from the comics, and end things before that. Go out strong, and tie things up.

Abe was my favorite character. Cudlitz was perfect for the role and I really wanted him to have a role closer to his comic book character where he was the right hand man for Rick. (Maybe then last night would have really meant something.) After they gave the arrow to Denise, I was hoping they would let him play a bigger role in All Out War before writing him off. But with Daryl there, there was never any chance of him being the second in command like the comics like he was supposed to be, just like Tyreese was squandered as well. I would be so happy if Daryl would simply go away for good.

I think I'm done watching live every week like I used to, but I'll check out the big episodes when I hear about them. My eyes glaze over when I see the Kingdom stuff with Carol and Morgan. Hilltop could be interesting with Maggie, but I hope ***** is allowed to have a bigger role like the comics instead of Sasha taking that spot. Who knows what direction they'll go though...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back