R2-D2 WIP - Studio 49

Thank you all for the kind words! Nice too know that others are interested in the madness happing in my workshop too ;)
And if you liked this update, just wait for the next one since I did a full mock up worth all the parts I could get onto him for a few photos!

sanding sanding sanding, it is going to pay off! thats what i keep saying when im working with 3d printed pieces, lol. it looks great buddy! keep cracking away!

Looking great! I love following this build.

So jealous.
Your work will definitely pay off.
Looking fantastic.
Robert

Always enjoy your work. Can't wait to see this finished.

I've been just a little bit busy in the workshop the past few days so I could resist throwing together a mock up all the parts I had my disposal to see what he looks like and I must say he's looking awesome for just four and bit weeks of work!

2A_zpsywjwlyup.jpg

Last edited:
So... How do I say this... The allure of an Aluminium droid became to great for me and I caved and just placed my order for an Aluminium dome!!!
Needless to say I'm just a little bit excited ;)

...this is how it starts.... this is worse then heroin. congratulations though!! Lol!!!

So I received a major upgrade for my R2-D2 project in the mail just the other day, my Aluminium dome finally arrived! It's not even been clean up or painted yet and it already looks amazing, I could not be happier!

Next up is to get the frame sort then I can really get cracking on building this guy!

3A_zpsjgkoalst.jpg

Last edited:
Your build looks fantastic!
Thanks man!

I really think that you have messed it entirely up. Please just box it up and send it to me and we won't talk about it anymore. Great job
Haha there's no way that's going to happen! ;)

Looking great Jonah! :D What do you have in store for the future? A 1:1 scale Sandcrawler? :p
Thanks mate! It's dangerous for me to think about adding more projects to the list since I now have quite a few on the go haha!
But if I had to guess I'd love to do a K2SO Head with the removable back with the functioning data port and then way done the line should I add a CPU Arm to R2 I can have it interface with a K2 head! ;)

Next came the mammoth task of removing every single little tab off of all the panels

Here's some of the panels from the dome waiting to be worked on

6A_zps0ybenuro.jpg

7B_zpsg7v4y37l.jpg

7G_zpstbmv8tk3.jpg

And then I moved onto more filing and de-burring this time working on the inner and out dome

8A_zpsxiypjq7d.jpg

8B_zpscpfjg1sp.jpg

Attachments

• 7A_zpsuladaflp.jpg
    7A_zpsuladaflp.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back