Call out to all Polar Lights Enterprise TOS 1:350 Modelers!

CAPTAINCOX

Sr Member
Hi Guys

I started to dryfit some of the Parts for the kit just to See what I need to Sand/Bondo and so on and found this...
IMG_0136.JPGIMG_0137.JPGIMG_0138.JPGIMG_0139.JPG

On the Secondary Hull there are some pretty bad "Sinkage" and "Warped surfaces" from the mold process and the two Parts dont fit as you can See in the last pic (Big gap and the edges wont align), no matter how hard I press them together they will never fit without some serious bondo and sanding work.

Now my question, have any of you Guys who has built this kit had Problems like this?, so far I have only Heard that this kit is of outstanding quality and one of the best out there...now I am seriously starting to doubt that, as this is a pretty expensive kit one would expect quality right.

Just wrote PL/Round2 with a request for new Parts (included photos offcourse) lets see how that plays out.

Cheers Guys.

Last edited:
I had/have 2 kits of this from the first release of this model. I built one at the time and had no issues like your above photos. Just pulled the other one out after sitting on the shelf since purchasing, It fits fine. There are flash points from the sprue that need trimming along the lower hull seam and one on the upper hull seam. But I do not think the gap even if these aren't trimmed is as large as your photos.

I would contact Polar light for a replacement parts.

Hi Guys.

Got a mail from PL/Round2 today saying "We have received your parts request. Please allow up to 2 weeks to process through our Parts department." so lets See how long it takes...now as I am beging totally insane an want to Finish the Model sometimes soon I went ahead and ordered a new one from another Seller :p. I guess if I Get the Parts from PL/Round2 I can always sell the old kit or someday simply build another version of the TOS Enterprise, maybe the Pilot Version or something :).

Cheers Guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rejoice! the Parts came Yesterday and they are perfect (no Pic sory...they are just painted Black/White from the inside for Light Blocking purposes). No shippement fee no nothing, just perfect Parts in the mail (from the US to EU) THANKS! Polar Lights/Auto World! I might Start a Small build log but then again there are so many good PL 1:350 TOS Enterprise builds done or beeing built, I will post some pics when done for sure :)

Always good to hear of great customer service! I still have fond and loyal thoughts for Monogram based on their wonderful CS at the time(s) I needed help. Same goes for those whose CS was less than up to 'par'.

Regards, Robert

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back