3d Blade Runner Blaster Finished!

propmainiac

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all
Now that some of my other projects are done ive started working on my blaster. This was a 3-D print that a friend of mine printed out for me he found it online gave it to me as a birthday present. The grips are from Richard Coyle. they are what he called seconds which means they had some imperfections and bubbles for the price I really couldn't pass them up. Love the color of the grips they fit pretty decently but they're not an exact match to the 3-D print but that's not really a problem for me I would I'm going to do is assemble this first and see where I need to sand. Once it's sanded I will then see how well these grips fit and fill in any areas that I need to to make a grips fit better. Does anyone have any suggestions for finishing off this kind of kit. This is not the kit that is currently for sale through the RPF this was found I think on my mini factory.com and the creator of the 3-D file is Andrew Forrester. It does have a cylinder that swings out and a bolt that slides back-and-forth

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 941
Last edited:
Re: 3d Blade Runner Blaster

Got some sanding done. Added a set screw to the slide area and used two hard drove screws in the front. Some areas have areally rough print. Any ideas on how to fix this? Ive reat using acetone works well.

Bondo glazing and spot compound can work wonders on rough areas without having to commit to catalyst-activated filler. I use the glazing compound with a small spatula (or even my finger) to clean up seams and rough areas if I can get away with it. It dries in around 15 minutes and also sands easily. (way easier than even featherlight body filler)

Anyone know the screw sizes for this gun? would like to use real hardware here if possible. thanks

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegThanks for the info on the screws. I have another dilemma here. The cyllinder door has a noticeable gap when closed. Dont know if this is a printer issue, assembly issue or the way its supposed to be. Any thoughts? Have pics.

Thanks for the info on the screws. I have another dilemma here. The cyllinder door has a noticeable gap when closed. Dont know if this is a printer issue, assembly issue or the way its supposed to be. Any thoughts?

The 'sight rod' / screw driver should go there.

Ok but is that gap supposed to be there? I thought th sight rod was right up against the receiver.

There's a very small gap visible on the real one; the screwdriver conceals most of it.

Attachments

• blade-runner-deckard-hero-pistol-movie-prop-profiles-in-history-1981-02.jpg
    blade-runner-deckard-hero-pistol-movie-prop-profiles-in-history-1981-02.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 374
  • 3640723260_10f9c9bc14_o-(1).jpg
    3640723260_10f9c9bc14_o-(1).jpg
    974.5 KB · Views: 399
  • Prepro 1A.jpg
    Prepro 1A.jpg
    496.5 KB · Views: 362
  • Hero About to Fire.jpg
    Hero About to Fire.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 348

Ok thanks
the last photo cleared that up for me. Im just fitting everything together then i will dissasemble it glue sand and paint. I had to alter the cylinder cover on the right side just a little to get the grip to fit. The grips were made for a real metal blade runner model so it was larger than the 3d model. Didnt want to alter the grip.

Looking good man, im thinking if the pulse rifle im building does well I may do a bladerunner blaster next, been researching casting pewter and it seems very doable.

Hello all
worked on the blaster more today. Got the main barrel glued together and have been applying glazing putty. The cylinder cover for the right side was printed in three peices so i put these together with jb weld. Really like how this is coming together. Heres pics. On the hunt for a Weaver knob or a replica.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 345

Or maybe just screw n place of the knob. Also plannng to put electronics inside so the leds will light up. Gonna be tricky though theres no place for it yet. Once i finish filling and sanding ill have to hollow out a space in the clip and under the barrell. Found a set of 3 mm and 5 mm leds on amazon. Does anyone know if the green leds on the sight rod light up? Ive seen movie screencaps that dont show it but other propmakers do have it that way. Not sure if Ill go that far. Looks problematic at best.

Hi all
been plowing along here heres how it looks so far.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 279
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 375
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 271
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 297

You should have plenty of space in the magazine for a small battery holder & associated wiring. As far as I know, the green LEDs weren't lit on film; though wires were apparently run to them. At best they're debatable.

Thank you for the info. Once i grind out the clip ill see how much room i have. Probably use a coin type battery.

Hi again. Getting closer to paint. Whats a good paint to give this a gunmetal look? The black areas ill use flat i think. Im also going to use aluminum paint for the area under the grip to make it more accurate.

Hello again
Havent done much except filling and sanding. Im adding a large screw to the right sided cylinder cover. Also drilled out the sight rod which i broke in three peices! Crap!
well ill just have to glue it back together. Does anyone have any idea how to wire the green leds so they light up? Also is the big screw or the Weaver knob more accurate?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back