3d Blade Runner Blaster Finished!

Re: 3d Blade Runner Blaster

Looking good, I see youve removed material from the handles to better replicate the original prop. Youll get that nice transparency through the grips. Have you tried weathering with artists oil paints? I find that they give a nice darkening effect while maintaining that metallic finish. But still looking very impressive.

I have lights!!!!! The sight rod is glued in and the lights are wired up. The lights work with the switch in the clip. Used white wires to keep up with tradition. Here's pics. IMG_20170311_100708.jpgIMG_20170311_100825.jpgIMG_20170311_112046.jpgIMG_20170311_112051.jpgIMG_20170311_112056.jpgIMG_20170311_112155.jpg

Hi all
Have this case I got for free from work. Gonna make a display once I'm finished. I know it's not as nice as the wood cases but thought I'd give it a try. The labels are covered to hide the manufacturer and barcodes.what would be a good way to display this?IMG_20170311_131124.jpgIMG_20170311_131056.jpg

Awesome work! I have also.ost printed all of mine so am excitedly following your build.
As for the box you could print your own labels from the bladerunner/alien universe to cover them? Weiland or something?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ok i know.IMG_20170312_115005.jpg you're all getting sick of my Blade Runner Blaster build so here's some more pictures I got the grips fit it on today they're a little bit bigger than the grip frame that's on the gun so I'm going to add a little bit of Bondo to help rounded out in the back of one of the picture shows where are the edge of the grip goes a little bit past the grip frame I'm going to add some Bondo there and smooth it out to match the grip a little more I still have to fit the butt plate on still need to sand that. Also I'm starting to wonder if I just shouldn't paint the upper receiver and the bolt lever black the silver is just not darkening up enough for me let me know what you think.

Ok here's what all the parts look like. Ive taken it apart so I can repaint the grip frame after adding the Bondo. Hopefully soon I can complete it.IMG_20170314_180141.jpg

Hi again tried another paint on the upper receiver. Trying to make it look more like metal...Not sure how this looks but I've succeeded in making it look grimy I think......What do you think?IMG_20170315_181744.jpg

Thanks! Not quite what I was trying to achieve. I'm looking for either stainless steel or a dark grey flat paint I think.

Thanks! Not quite what I was trying to achieve. I'm looking for either stainless steel or a dark grey flat paint I think. What I really want is for it not to look like it's made of plastic.

Thanks. Completely on accident it came out that way. Some spots need to be touched up where my paint has uncovered the filler.

Thanks. Completely on accident it came out that way. Some spots need to be touched up where my paint has uncovered the filler. Still leaning toward a darker flat black or dark grey finish with light weathering.

Ok wasn't really happy with the paint on the receiver. Tried flat black and I'm liking it better. More uniform finish. I will attempt a light weathering by using aluminum paint with a dry brush. Here's pics.IMG_20170316_200209.jpgIMG_20170316_200356.jpg

So here's a new pic. Trying some weathering on the receiver that I painted. Went around the edges with aluminum paint. Then rubbed in aluminum paint with a rag to simulate a worn look. Too much?IMG_20170318_123246.jpgIMG_20170318_123155.jpgIMG_20170318_123127.jpg

Looks really good! Better than the last paint job i think. Well done!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thank you! Got the grip trimmed up and the buttplate on. Still fitting and adjusting. Don't like how there's holes in the plate. May fill them somehow.

Re: 3d Blade Runner Blaster Finished! (Almost!)

Here's pics of where it stands now. Added the last little details today .Also weatherd it a little more. Still have to make a couple of adjustments to the left cylinder cover and glue in place. I'm going to have a new buttplate printed. Messed up the screw holes and not happy with it. Enjoy the pics.IMG_20170319_001847_1.jpgIMG_20170319_002037.jpgIMG_20170319_002118.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back