3d Blade Runner Blaster Finished!

Re: 3d Blade Runner Blaster

Im currently building the same model, printed it in proto pastas stainless steel filament and added a mild steel barrel. Ill be making molds of the receiver to cold cast over the weekend, currently got the grips in rubber to cast in amber resin. IMG_20170224_183422.jpg

Wow! Sounds awesome. I finished the clip and the wiring for it today. Did away with the rivets as contact point and used springs instead. Soldered the wires to the springs then glued them in. Also ran wires for the sight rod. It's agonizingly slow building right now. I've painted the frame and have primed other parts. I'll post pics tomorrow.

Im looking forward to seeing it, youve done an ace job so far. Ive been studying your wiring to see how to implement it on mine. Where abouts are you based?

I'm in New Jersey. I've done the wiring 3 times. Finally have it how I want it. Still have to connect the sight rod wiring. Would've been a faster build if I didn't want the clip removable. Here's picsIMG_20170224_105959.jpgIMG_20170224_110132.jpgIMG_20170224_105256.jpg

Still trying to smooth out all the seams where all the parts are glued together. I used JB weld 5 min epoxy and gorilla glue clear epoxy

Looking good! Would you be able to draw the circuit diagram that you have decided to use?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I would also be interested in having a look at the wiring diagram, you seem to have gotten it down to a tee. I love the idea of the removable magazine.

Hi the wiring diagram I'm using came from a set of sidkit instructions I found on line. Look up blade runner worldcon and it will lead you to that page. I drew it out here it is.The positive and negative I have soldered to the springsIMG_20170225_204157.jpg

Hi all got some sanding and painting done on some more parts. The magazine holder still continues to be challenging as far as smoothing the seams where it's glued together. The left and right side cylinder covers are now painted. Here's pics.IMG_20170227_195839.jpg

OK got some more painting done. Not happy with the metallic paint. Went with dull aluminum. Too bright. Was hoping it would be darker. Think I should look for a stainless steel color. Or maybe a flat black? Looks like a toy to me at this point.IMG_20170304_165530.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

OK got some more painting done. Not happy with the metallic paint. Went with dull aluminum. Too bright. Was hoping it would be darker. Think I should look for a stainless steel color. Or maybe a flat black? Looks like a toy to me at this point. Not finished yet. Need to get the buttplate doneIMG_20170304_165530.jpg and some small detail parts but it's coming along.

I was thinking a gun metal for my steel looking parts. It's come together very nicely though! The parts all line up very well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Its looking nice, the aluminium is a bit bright though I agree. You could darken it with some washes of black and burnt umber or try a darker shade on a few of the pieces such as the receiver. Overall though its looking sweet, a good finish on all the parts.

You're finishing is excellent :thumbsup

I'm really enjoying this build of yours; the blaster is coming out very nicely.

Thank you very much. It a slow process and I get a little impatient. Gonna repaint the silver with a steel or gunmetal paint. Or like I said earlier may go with a flat black or maybe a dark grey. Been looking at images of blasters and I'm liking the black more and more.

New pics of the blaster. Sprayed the receiver with BBQ black then wiped it with a rag. I think I like it more now not so shiny and looks more like steel. What do you thinkIMG_20170305_133401.jpg

Hi all
Still working on the blaster. Dulling down the bright aluminum paint to make it more like steel. Liking it more now. Still fitting parts on it. The sight rod is wired now. Will paint it with a paintbrush.IMG_20170310_105758.jpgIMG_20170310_105713.jpgIMG_20170310_105826.jpg kept wiping on black paint the wiping off. Not so toy looking now I think.

Ok so I broke the rod that the cylinder spins on. So I found a broken drill bit and it was the same size as the rod. Drilled out the plastic and it fits perfect! Just a little trim and glue and it should work fine.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back