3d Blade Runner Blaster Finished!

Re: 3d Blade Runner Blaster

50353e5b86de77d720baf7416c3ab3f7.jpg

Thanks for the thumbs up! Im going to improve the layout of the wires inside the mag. The green leds will be activated by the switch as well. Your diagram for the sight rod shows the green leds connected to each other? Im a little confused by it. I see a red positive wire and a negative wire

Hello all still working on it. What do people use for the rings or bezels around the LEDs? I was thinking of tiny washers but don't have any yet.

OK been a little stir crazy with the cold here so finally got back out to work on the blaster. Got the front support done. Used a metal spacer which I cut down and beveld the end with a file to fit the barrel more. Then drilled into the barrel and used a long screw to tighten it down. Here's a pictureIMG_20170122_165515.jpg pic is upside down. Still want to cut the grip to look more like the real thing.

Hi
Kinda stalled in this for a while. Redoing the LED lights. Got 3 volt leds so I can get rid of the resistors. Also can anyone tell me where to get the tiny slide switch with the on and off lettering. Googled till my fingers got sore( that doesn't sound right does it?) And still don't have a clue where to find it. My local electronics store had small slide switches that were the right size but not a match.

THe switch is one part, and the "on/off" is a label that goes over it. At least that is how Coyle kits are done.

- - - Updated - - -

OK been a little stir crazy with the cold here so finally got back out to work on the blaster. Got the front support done. Used a metal spacer which I cut down and beveld the end with a file to fit the barrel more. Then drilled into the barrel and used a long screw to tighten it down. Here's a pictureView attachment 700329 pic is upside down. Still want to cut the grip to look more like the real thing.

Looks great, have you considered countersinking the screw so it's flush with the magazine well?

Yknow I started thinking about that last night. I'm not real good at making labels might try it afteri complete my build. For the screw I could countersink it. Need to get the proper Allen screw for it. I have also attached a magnet to hold the clip in place. I'll post pics of that tonight.

Last edited:

Here's pics of magnet placement.IMG_20170215_172336.jpgIMG_20170215_172506.jpgIMG_20170215_172438.jpg
I placed a Allen screw under the magazine holder between the copper contacts. Also you see the battery which is connected to the two copper contacts. The magnet that I clued into the magazine or clip sticks to the Allen screw. The clip stays in nice and tight. I am going to paint the clip next then install the LEDs.

Thank you. It's been a long build. Gonna try to prime it this weekend. Have some little tweaks to do. My freind printed me a new sight rod that is split in half and hollow. Easier to run the wires that way.

Looks like the same model that I'm working on at the moment! Nice to see how you have done it. I also plan on fitting LEDs as well. Good work!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've removed the LEDs for now untill I get the clip painted. Also it took a lot of grinding and drilling to get the material out of the clip.

Loving this build, especially the electronics work... it's giving me a lot of ideas about re-wiring my Tomen kit.

Hi finally feel like I'm getting somewhere with the blaster. The clip is done. Painted and lights installed. Just one or two more things to button up the clip. What do you think?IMG_20170219_205428.jpgIMG_20170219_205442.jpgIMG_20170219_205452.jpgIMG_20170219_205517.jpg

Looking great! The exterior surfaces are all nice and glossy and it looks like you've gotten rid of almost all the printing marks.

It's weird seeing the magazine reduced to the just the parts that are actually visible on the exterior of the blaster like this... I'm so used to there being most of a whole Steyr magazine in there, but I guess it's not actually that necessary since you never really see it anyway.

It was the way it was designed on thingiverse where I downloaded the files. I do wish there was a little more to the clip. The freind who printed it for me has been playing with tinker CAD now. He was able to split the sight rod down the middle for me and it makes it easier to run the wires for the green leds. I was considering asking if he would be willing to redesign the clip.

Though I havnt printed it yet I have missed the magazine to provide space for the electronics. I think I did it in 123D design.
You should be able to make the mag more accurate too

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I had to hollow out the mag with a drill and a Dremel. Someone with cad skills maybe able to hollow it then print it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back