3d Blade Runner Blaster Finished!

Re: 3d Blade Runner Blaster

Also is the big screw or the Weaver knob more accurate?
The screw is screen-accurate. The Weaver knob replaced it sometime later:

brhdsc44.jpg

Thank you that clears up one question for me. Its probably a blessing the sight rod broke. Might make it easier to run the wires

Ok so I have leds now. Anyone have a line in the little switch that turns on the lights? Or the size?

Hi again
Did a little work today drilled out the hole for the large screw on the right side cylinder cover. Found this screw that has the right size and look. What was the screw there for? Just looks? Heres pics.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 149
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 137
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 145
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 137
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    965.1 KB · Views: 155
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 159

Hi all
Still going on the blaster. Ive hollowed out the clip or magazine so I can fit leds and a battery. Went to my local electronics store here and came back with a tiny switch, coin cell battery, wires and resistors. Leds came from amazon. Id like to make the clip removeable but not sure if I have enough room in there for wires and resistors and the battery. Plus id like to have the onn off switch controll the green leds also. Im going to either have to make a separate switch for the green leds or wire them to the main switch. If I do that then i wont be able to remove the clip. I may place the coin cell battery in the handle under the grips. Any suggestions?

Hello again
Used a breadboard and laid out my leds and resistors. Using 7 leds 5 red and two green. Have it worked out so that i can remove the clip and then use the switch to turn everything on! Ill post pics soon.

Hello all
got a lot done tonight. Kind of experimenting here and i like the results. Wired up the battery in the mag holder. Used two peices of copper as my contact points. Then in the clip used two steel rivets for the other contact points. To test them i wired in a blue led then inserted the clip and it lit up! All this is so i can remove the clip if I want to. Heres pics

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 100
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 99
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 117
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 109
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 93
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    958.8 KB · Views: 115

I always prefer the slotted screw to respect the original gun; it's all looking good btw, keep up the great work!

image.jpegimage.jpegHi all
did a little more tonight. Started drilling out the clip for the leds and the switch. Also wired the green leds and fit them in the sight rod. Heres pics. Does anyone know if the switch is supposed to have the bezel or is that molded to the clip?

Switch appears to have a bezel or plate of some kind (WorldCon pic attached). Sticks out a bit, too.

Attachments

• DSC05802.jpg
    DSC05802.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 144

Hello
well its slow going wiring the leds in. Never workd on something with as limited space as this. I have one resistor, the switch and led hooked up and the switch works. I need help with the sight rod wiring. Can anyone tell me how the wires are routed through to the battery? And how many wires? I have 4 coming from the sightrod but most pics I see only two. Thanks

Hello
well its slow going wiring the leds in. Never workd on something with as limited space as this. I have one resistor, the switch and led hooked up and the switch works. I need help with the sight rod wiring. Can anyone tell me how the wires are routed through to the battery? And how many wires? I have 4 coming from the sightrod but most pics I see only two. Thanks

ALso, if you are using a 3v battery you shouldn't need any resistors.

I thought so too but after burning out 4 red leds i figured out they were 2 or 2.2 volts. So un fortunately i have to use resistors. Tried wiring everything in last night but was unsuccessful. Using wire that is too big of a guage and too stiff. Found a site for the Sidkit assembly which shows the wiring instructions for the clip. Going to get smaller gauge wire and give it another shot. Thanks for the info Kokanee. So you only have two wires coming out of the sight rod?

I might do away with the contact points and use small springs wired positive and negative. Or just forget the removable clip all together and wire it directly. Well see

Ok so after two hours of work i have 5 leds that light up when I turn on the switch! I can remove the clip put it back in and it lights up. The wiring is ugly and soldering not so good but it works. The 5 mm led does not seem to light as bright as the 3 mm leds but im not gonna push it. Im gonna add the wires for the sight rod leds in the next couple of days.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back