Where Can I send in my Helmet to get it professionally customized?

Oparator

Hi, I am new to this, I have no experience whatsoever of making my own costume. I own a Black Series Kylo Ren Helmet that I want to get customized. I have seen videos on Youtube of people customizing it -- closing the gaps on the helmet, making it more sturdy, removing the visors and making replacing it with mesh, weathering, etc. Like I said I have zero experience and am afraid to do it myself.

It would be great if anyone of you guys could recommend a place/member that can help me with this!
BTW I live in San Francisco, so if there are any local shop that anyone knows that would be great too.

Also Any member Who can do it, please feel free to let me know!

Thank you in Advance!

Last edited:
Yeh there are plenty of members who would do it for cheap. I am one of those but it does take time.

Alex

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

I've only done one helmet before but I didn't take any pics sorry:( it was for my uncle's birthday.

Alex

I've only done one helmet before but I didn't take any pics sorry:( it was for my uncle's birthday.

Alex

No worries. I do although want to have a rough idea of what it would look like once I send it in to someone, because everyone does it differently I presume.

Yeh that's true. Honestly rework on a bs helmet isn't a bad job for a beginner. Look up Cosplay Chris on YouTube. He does a VERY detailed video tutorial on how to do it correctly and reasonably cheaply.

Good luck,
Alex

I second General Frosty aka Jimmy Cosetino at ArtisanFx.com. He did a black series conversion for me and it's superb.

Sorry Oparator, General Frosty must have his hands busy. He recently posted that he was working on a run of kylo ren hilts from DDay so I suppose that is monopolizing his time right now. Also try signing up on the Knights of Ren facebook page. There may be some folks willing to do a conversion for you there.

Edit: just saw your post above, sucks to hear but maybe someone in the ren section of this website can help you

Will do, thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Oparator, General Frosty must have his hands busy. He recently posted that he was working on a run of kylo ren hilts from DDay so I suppose that is monopolizing his time right now. Also try signing up on the Knights of Ren facebook page. There may be some folks willing to do a conversion for you there.

I will try that, thank you

You should go to the Knights of Ren Facebook page. Richard Campbell does some of the best work you'll find. He just posted a new commission piece today. Just send him a message, and he'll give you all of the details.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back