Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Subscribe
  1. RPF Premium Member BadAtNames's Avatar
    From
    Albany, NY
    3 Days Ago  Mar 20, 2017, 9:38 PM - Re: Blade Runner 2049, old and new blasters! #101

ED 209 said: View Post
    From the pics I keep finding on the internet, either from the Pro and the newer 2049 version, it seems like the grips are too dark. Has this been discussed before? is that an issue or they look more accurate in person? Also, I'm ok with the matte black finish (for now), but I'd like to know if it's possible to take it off and blue the metal parts later on. Thanks!
    It is possible to remove the matte black finish. See this thread: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php...ied+tomenosuke

Not sure if you could get it clean enough to re-blue, but the point is that whatever they "paint" it with is definitely removable to some extent.
  2. Member Since
    Dec 2016
    1 Day Ago  Mar 22, 2017, 11:04 PM - Re: Blade Runner 2049, old and new blasters! #102

BadAtNames said: View Post
    It is possible to remove the matte black finish. See this thread: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php...ied+tomenosuke

Not sure if you could get it clean enough to re-blue, but the point is that whatever they "paint" it with is definitely removable to some extent.
    I just finished reading the whole thread. Definitely great tips there. Thanks, BadAtNames. Apparently the handle covers' color WAS an issue on the past versions (sorry I'm late to the party). The press release states that the issue was addressed and that the 2049 version will have the correct color.