Todd's Costumes DL-44 ????

juajn7fernandez

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Has anyone received or heard anything from Todd about the DL-44 blasters?? I gotta say I'm a bit frustrated with this one as I was lured by Todd's Costumes via email saying that these were in hand and ready to ship back in May. Since then its been one thing after the other about delays in manufacturing and this and that. If these were not in hand and ready to ship, why the hell would you go out of your way to email clients telling them you have something ready to ship and then keep them waiting for 5 months. Dont get me wrong, I know project runs can take way more than that, but I purchased this within minutes of receiving the email, under the impression that they were ready to ship as stated by Todd's Costumes. I wrote them a message on their Facebook on Sunday Sept. 25th and its been ignored.

I should check in here more often! Facebook, too. Email is the best way to get the answer to a question. Ummm, sorry about the super long delay, and sorry if our email was unclear. We haven't had these "in hand" since last year. We were expecting to based on promised delivery dates from suppliers, which they never met. In fact, some of them defaulted completely and never filled out order for parts. I believe the email said we were expecting to have them by a certain date so we were going to open them up to preorders. The good news is that all parts ARE here now and we started shipping them last week. It is slow going because there are still quality issues we are dealing with (like having to hand-fit parts because they are out of tolerance) but we are getting a few more shipped every day. You are, of course, welcome to a refund any time you want. It has been a long, long, difficult road.

No your email said clearly "Back in stock" on the tittle and the email reads: The Han Solo DL-44 Blaster Complete Gun you want is available! We have a limited supply on hand. Don't miss out!

This was on May 13th. I'm attaching an image of the email just so we are clear that I am not imagining this or making it up.

Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 4.27.38 PM.png

I honestly dont mind if its just a week or so, as I really do want this blaster. However, every time I've asked for an update I get the same one or two or three weeks and we are ready and then I dont hear anything past those weeks, and then when I ask again I get the same " few more weeks and we are ready".

Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 4.27.38 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, as far as I know... and I was on the email list as well and ordered when Todd, et al thought they would be available. There has been a very well (as far as the replica prop world is concerned) documented road of why-the-hell-is-this-happening-to-me going on. I'm not ready to be the first one to gripe... just sayin'.

H0llyw00d - Problem is the email didn't say Todd thought he was gonna have them available. It said that they were in stock, on hand therefore available. I can be very patient and I have been and currently am involved in project runs that can take well over a year. The difference there is that I go in to it knowing it a project run. I just dont like being lied to in order to get my money right away and then keep me waiting this long and then on top of that ignored. Yet miraculously when I post something publicly here on the forum, where everyone can read whats going on, I get a response within minutes. Then to top it all off he tries to imply that I'm lying or making things up about the email I got from them when you can clearly see in the screen grab I posted, that he indeed said they were IN STOCK and ON HAND. Funny how he didn't respond to that one.

********** Here it is again in case you missed it ************
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 4.27.38 PM.png<<<<<<<<<<<<<

@H0llyw00d - Problem is the email didn't say Todd thought he was gonna have them available. It said that they were in stock, on hand therefore available....

Aw, man... sorry... I have actually never received a product from Todd, but I also have never seen a single negative post about him or his products. Have you searched to see what happened? Apparently he has kept up with FB but news here is... spotty... :/

Funny just seeing this thread. Took me a couple of day but I finally got through to them yesterday to refund my order. They were still saying another 2 weeks

Sorry, got sent before I was ready. I told them they always say that and was getting tired of it. They had no problem refunding the money.

Juajn, thanks for posting that email. That sheds some light on things. First off, I am sorry for the confusion. That email should not have been sent. It is an automated email from our site, which I can explain. This incident points out a problem that I need to address somehow. Let me explain what happened. We use a website provided by BigCommerce - I'm not a programmer at all. We use an add-on called "In Stock Reminder" and the idea is simple - when something is out of stock, customers can sign up for a notification when it becomes available again. Sounds good, right? Well, here's the problem that this issue illustrates. Say you have 100 people signed up for a notification. Let's say you get ONE and you put it into "inventory" on your website to sell it. All 100 customers get an email even though you only have 1 to sell. Hmmm... not so good. At that point, we had started taking preorders so when you got to the website, you were able to order it. We try to keep the web page up to date with language saying "preorder" or "expected release date" or similar, but I don't know what the site said at the time you ordered. Now that I think about it, the automated email could get triggered when we ship an item, too. Say we get 1 item returned and it's available to send to a waiting customer. We have to put it into inventory to ship it - thereby triggering the restock email. Again, sorry for that. I'll have to dig into the settings on that app to try to avoid this problem in the future. The app works in the background, so we never know what it's doing (or if it's done anything at all).

WOW! I totally forgot I had a blaster on order... Now the email I received(if I am remembering correctly) said that they were having trouble with the/some of the manufacturers parts. Have you all been able to get them to correct there mistakes/get new ones??? Or have you had to start from 0 and get someone new to make them???? Thank you!

I think that if this was set up as a project run and not a backordered item that is normally in stock then peoples expectations would have been forgiving. But I understand that Todd's has had a lot of issues with getting these made. I also think that more updates to those that ordered would have helped put them at ease.

To be honest and fair, I ordered parts for my denix conversion back in February and because there were issues with his suppliers, I had to wait. Todd delivered but it did take some time. It was well worth the wait because his parts were flawless and precise. Also he gave a credit for waiting. I just preorderd the scope a few weeks ago to finish off my kit. I'm not overly concerned about the shipping time frame. It will arrive.

After waiting a few months, I too asked a question on here but it was more of a curiosity question. There where immediate replies by members that own his parts and they all said todd hasn't caused issues in the past and I wouldnt have a problem getting my parts. They were correct and I am a repeat customer.

If you can wait, you will happy and glad you did once you have your order.

Todd's work is of the highest order and I am the very happy owner of a number of his pieces. The issues he has had regarding the blaster parts have been enormous and while their status updates have not been that great (I've had to ask for updates - each time), there is no question it will be worth it.

Here is the message I got last night which hopefully be of some help to those waiting:
We’re currently working our way through all the Blaster and kit orders. Some adjustment is necessary for a few of the scope pieces, so we are sending them out as we finish working on and assembling the scopes. We hope to have all the pre-orders shipped out within the next few weeks.
I’m sorry I can’t give a specific arrival date for your order, but I assure you we are working hard to get everything out as quickly as we can.

All the best
M

I have no doubt that the parts and blasters are amazing and that they are very well worth the wait. Not everyone came in to this the same way I did. Like newmagrathea said, had this been approached as a project run, it would have saved me some confusion and misunderstanding. Plus with Todd's latest comment to the image I posted here on this thread, I can say that its understandable. However this are things that we are not aware of and there is no way for me to know that an email like the one I got was just automated by their website. In which case I would suggest Todd be more careful as the situation made me feel like I was lied to just to get my money way upfront. I do understand that this is not the case already and will gladly wait for my blaster.

I have no doubt that the parts and blasters are amazing and that they are very well worth the wait. Not everyone came in to this the same way I did. Like @newmagrathea said, had this been approached as a project run, it would have saved me some confusion and misunderstanding. Plus with Todd's latest comment to the image I posted here on this thread, I can say that its understandable. However this are things that we are not aware of and there is no way for me to know that an email like the one I got was just automated by their website. In which case I would suggest Todd be more careful as the situation made me feel like I was lied to just to get my money way upfront. I do understand that this is not the case already and will gladly wait for my blaster.

True. Like you I also ordered and paid on the understanding that the parts were available - because that's what the web page said. It was only after a long wait that I contacted him and was told that all the parts were not ready and in all honesty, at that stage I was not happy.

That said, after some promoting, Todd was very open (to me) regarding the problems he has had with this run and because I'm very satisfied with previous items I've obtained from him before, I am happy to wait.

All I have asked for them for is more frequent updates - so that at least I know where things stand.

Regards
MARK

Thanks for the input, everyone. It is hard to know HOW MUCH information to put out. Too little can cause problems, and too much causes problems, too. Every day has been some little drama, and "two steps forward, one step backwards" kind of thing. It's overwhelming, and soon I suspect people would say "Okay, okay already! Enough! Just tell me when they're ready!"
Project run: I understand your point. But if I had any reason to think this project would take 9 months I would NOT have done it.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back