Luke ROTJ unfinished casting + Luston Flash unit!

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm sure some of you have seen that seller on the bay selling castings of efx's Luke resin saber. He had one that was unfinished, he ran out of resin or it kicked too quickly or something.

he had been tryin to get rid of it for some time, the price went low enough and I realized...it was almost the same size as this Luston flash I have here! It's too short for a saber on its own...but I could make a hybrid flash/ROTJ saber!

not ten minutes out of the box I got the control box off, measured what ring I'd stop at To get a graflex type length, and sculpted some putty....

the he luston has two countersunk holes for screws to attach its socket. I can use those, like the chronicle saber, to physically attach my upper grip to te base along with the putty!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    565.9 KB · Views: 208
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    996.8 KB · Views: 184
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 176
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    971.7 KB · Views: 168
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    943.5 KB · Views: 170
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    948.6 KB · Views: 182
thank you guys! I like the idea of the MPP style clamp...a lot...given that I leave a lot of the top black... maybe with some metal tape!

- - - Updated - - -

also, that happens to be a rather shrunken cast of the real Luke Hero prop from the archives. I was using it for scale length.

I adjusted some of this and redecorated it! I had an extra graflex clamp and extra bits of T track so I decided to go Obi Wan/ESB style! I made a booster section and added an extra control panel or indicator right where the gap in your fingers would be (right handed) it only seemed to look good right next to the control box.

I I actually used a piece of wire in the clamp to make the ranger thin strip of circuit board right in there...I plan on painting the neck brass..maybe the grips wrinkle painted....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    541.7 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    500.3 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    369 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    453.5 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 135
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 127
Some updates! Brass spray paint, VHT wrinkle paint and silver Rub n Buff! Those seam lines always come out..

what at should I put around the pommel? I'd like to not have such a contrast from the booster area to the Luston flash butt

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    614.6 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 128
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    512.2 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    434.4 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    987.4 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    777.1 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    323.4 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    759.4 KB · Views: 123
Personally, I'd remove the t track, but then I reckon you've got basically a Luke ROTJ...

Hmm...

Personally, I'd remove the t track, but then I reckon you've got basically a Luke ROTJ...

Hmm...

See?

The graflex clamp on it really makes you want something more beneath it. I'm doubting the T track too, I just need something for a "rear grip"

See?

The graflex clamp on it really makes you want something more beneath it. I'm doubting the T track too, I just need something for a "rear grip"

what about leather? or even skateboard grip tape

i personally like it the way it is. i like the bonus control box up top

what about leather? or even skateboard grip tape

i personally like it the way it is. i like the bonus control box up top

neat ideas!
Me too, its like an indicator, or extra control box and it lines up with the gap between fingers in a right hand grip!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back