Mrs. Peel You're Needed ! THE AVENGERS - What you got ?

I haven't seen The Avengers in many years, but I love your collection!
Neither have I. I think its time to try to find them. I was very young and loved it but I can't really remember any specific episode's other than what i believe the "Return of the Cybernauts" which spooked me:eek I do though remember Emma Peel's outfit and kicks though:facepalm

Neither have I. I think its time to try to find them. I was very young and loved it but I can't really remember any specific episode's other than what i believe the "Return of the Cybernauts" which spooked me:eek I do though remember Emma Peel's outfit and kicks though:facepalm

It's out on Blu Ray now, still huge fun and it holds up well despite its 50 year age. I have this in my lounge from The Cybernauts.

20161103_094910.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to check this out as iv'e been on an oldies kick lately. You sure have some nice prop builds and kudos for your work.
For sure the the Cybernauts is the first i'm going to watch:)

Thanks for posting this thread. I have not watched The Avengers in at least 30 years and it got me interested in going back and watching the show again. I had seen all of the shows from when Diana Rigg joined the cast but had never seen any of the earlier ones with Honor Blackman and I'm now getting a chance to see them.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this thread. I have not watched The Avengers in at least 30 years and it got me interested in going back and watching the show again. I had seen all of the shows from when Diana Rigg joined the cast but had never seen any of the earlier ones with Honor Blackman and I'm now getting a chance to see them.

I love the Cathy Gale era even though they are now very, very dated. I had lunch with Honor Blackman at my home many years ago. Great news that one of the missing first series episodes has recently been discovered, that takes the total to three and a half episodes recovered out of the 26 that were presumed permanently missing.

I love the Cathy Gale era even though they are now very, very dated. I had lunch with Honor Blackman at my home many years ago. Great news that one of the missing first series episodes has recently been discovered, that takes the total to three and a half episodes recovered out of the 26 that were presumed permanently missing.

I agree totally about the early episodes being very, very dated. It's kind of funny to see everyone smoking all of the time, which was pretty much the norm back then. I've also noticed that the John Steed character is not as well developed as it became in later years. I haven't seen any of the later episodes in years but one thing I thought I remembered was that he never carried or used a gun where as I just saw an episode in season 2 where he shot and killed someone. It's nice to hear that they found another season 1 episode.

I agree totally about the early episodes being very, very dated. It's kind of funny to see everyone smoking all of the time, which was pretty much the norm back then. I've also noticed that the John Steed character is not as well developed as it became in later years. I haven't seen any of the later episodes in years but one thing I thought I remembered was that he never carried or used a gun where as I just saw an episode in season 2 where he shot and killed someone. It's nice to hear that they found another season 1 episode.

That always confuses me, Macnee said he wouldn't and never used a gun in the Avengers, yet as you say he did on at least one occasion. I'm a big fan of the Thorson episodes and believe that they are so much classier than the Rigg colour ones. However the ultimate Avengers episodes have to be the monochrome Emma Peel era, they are simply amazing in every respect, especially for the year they were made.

Life size 'Pandora' portrait from the Tara King episode of the same name 'Pandora'.

20161019_115847.jpg20161019_115915.jpgPDVD_049.JPG

That always confuses me, Macnee said he wouldn't and never used a gun in the Avengers, yet as you say he did on at least one occasion. I'm a big fan of the Thorson episodes and believe that they are so much classier than the Rigg colour ones. However the ultimate Avengers episodes have to be the monochrome Emma Peel era, they are simply amazing in every respect, especially for the year they were made.

I also believe he used a gun in an episode with Tara King even though it wasn't his gun and he only used it to shoot his way out of a giant hour glass. I too liked the Linda Thorson episodes but my favorites will always be the Diana Rigg ones, including the color ones. I also find it very interesting that both Honor Blackman and Diana Rigg left the show for roles in James Bond films.

An eletrical discharge box and excavation torch from the episode 'Thingumajig'.

20161025_102237.jpgthingumajig.jpg

Beresford's Cybernaut remote control ...

Cybernauts.jpg

Venusian book seen in the episode 'From Venus With Love'.

20161116_074530.jpg20161116_074604.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back