Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet

I'm not sure about metallic, and I wouldn't say dark blue. As I said above, I see a "navy" blue that has been weathered down. Again, comparing the shield to other items in the photo, look at the black bands, the grey and red box, the black parts of the gun. To me, the blacks look black and the shield has a similar shade, but with a distinctive blue hue.

Not that it matters but pulling it up on a webhosted color picker also has the helmet as a blue tone... though that means esssntially nothing.

Until I see the movie, that will be my official guess. I suppose we'll see in a few days, anyways. :)

Like a dark metallic blue automobile paint?

New screenshots (source):

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 9.53.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-10 at 9.54.49 PM.png

This guy's job must be fun:

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 9.53.35 PM.png

well, well, well Im So pumped for this movie . .. its going to be epic.
Still needs the back grill section so will be cutting it close. Whats next is to give a few washes of blue and green and some black to dull it down and give it a little extra interest.

20161211_135501.jpg

20161211_135516.jpg

20161211_135534.jpg

20161211_135544.jpg
Lighting is a little different in the trailer shot below but I think it will be pretty close after some washes.
colour.png

Now I cant decide if I want the Yellow symbol or the red rebel bird. . .

Still needs the back grill section so will be cutting it close. Whats next is to give a few washes of blue and green and some black to dull it down and give it a little extra interest.

Lighting is a little different in the trailer shot below but I think it will be pretty close after some washes.
[url]https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-arcUZfj_yak/WEzMFNRuFkI/AAAAAAAAJww/qDzFnpb54bwlWAMTN7dTeusfPA71aYWIACLcB/s320/colour.png[/URL]

Gotta go red rebel bird...

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-arcUZfj_...4bwlWAMTN7dTeusfPA71aYWIACLcB/s320/colour.png

DUDE incredible work! Your fabric cover looks spot on!!

I can't wait to own one of these! One of my favorite Rogue One designs by far, and there are so many great ones!

I just took a look through all the reference I've collected and I actually don't see any of the blast shields sporting the red rebel bird logo...:cry

Yeah I know ay, was talking to a friend about it too, it looks like its only the poster image. :cry

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!:cry Im probably still going to make mine with the red rebel bird and another one more movie accurate. Very disappointing because it looked super sweet...

Alex

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!:cry Im probably still going to make mine with the red rebel bird and another one more movie accurate. Very disappointing because it looked super sweet...

Alex

Yeah it is a bummer! But it does make sense, since they all have those yellow stripes on their vests so it all matches up...but still...no rebels not sporting their own rebellious logo??

I'm adding the rebel logo, "born to kill" in Aurebesh and I've been looking for Sabacc cards to stick on there too.

I fount that font in Hand Written so it looks like the solder wrote it on his helmet

- - - Updated - - -

looks great could of used more sanding I see the grain and grit of the print.

- - - Updated - - -

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-arcUZfj_...4bwlWAMTN7dTeusfPA71aYWIACLcB/s320/colour.png

looks good but could of sanded a tad more I can see the print grain.

Seam lines
unfortunatly putting the helmet on and off and squashing it on to the fabric has weakend the joint so they show first.

The good thing about the resin cast ones is that they will be one piece so they will be solid with a lot less flex. I have already made adjustments to the files to accomodate the extra close spots and taken a few spot in a tad. this is because of the extra fabric thickness in places.

Will peel off and clear coat tonight!
bird.jpg

Stopped by my local Army/Navy store but no helmets there. Oh well!

Ebay 20 bucks

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys I also stated just now on FB a "Rogue One Rebel Build" if not on here all the time you can add info there if you like

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back