Luke ROTJ Hero lightsaber comparison pics

manooga

Thought some of you might like seeing this. It's Anakin Starkiller's.

295313_416642015054072_1353643102_n.jpg20161003_143801000_iOS.jpg298366005_f5631531a1_o.jpgLukeROTJHero05.jpgRare-LFL-Lucasfilm-Archives-Movie-Prop-Lost-Photos-Star-Wars-Indiana-Jones-Historic-Visit-Origin.jpg

- - - Updated - - -
Sym-Cha

Last edited by a moderator:
Missed this before. You should have more comments, really nice job on this! What do you have on the microchip there? Cool tactic to match the real prop. :)

Missed this before. You should have more comments, really nice job on this! What do you have on the microchip there? Cool tactic to match the real prop. :)

Thank you! I used a piece of an HP modem that kinda had similar parts. I painted the pattern on the black section.

Indeed well executed ... love the brass rails ... sorry I missed this thread due to my dad's passing at the time ... I love your comparison pictures too :)

Chaïm

Hey manooga! I love the little red wire you added in your control box, good touch!

Whoever figures out what circuit board or part of a board that was used in the original prop will be vaulted to LEGENDARY RPF status the moment they share their discovery.

I was planning on it. Even went so far as to get quotes from a couple shops. But Nicksdad just did his. So, I figured demand would be a little low.

I would want to do it, if we could get someone who has connections with the O2 center in London to give us a couple measurements. Also, I'd like to partner with someone who does electronics to give us a control box with illuminating and blinking red and green triangle leds.

Find me the correct triangle LEDs, find me someone who wants to make some easy electronic boards to go in the control box, and start dating someone who works at the O2 center in London and who can get you 5 minutes with the original hero and a digital caliper, and I'd love to go for broke and make the most accurate Luke ROTJ even more accurate.

Did you use brass for the control box rails? I have some brass angle I was gonna try copper plating, but the strait brass looks nice.

if we could get someone who has connections with the O2 center in London to give us a couple measurements. who can get you 5 minutes with the original hero and a digital caliper,

Or, just a five minute head start!:lol

What ever happens during that 5 minutes of yours should you ever get it, I just hope and pray it doesn't involve a solid silicone mold and an X-acto knife!!!

I was planning on it. Even went so far as to get quotes from a couple shops. But Nicksdad just did his. So, I figured demand would be a little low.

I would want to do it, if we could get someone who has connections with the O2 center in London to give us a couple measurements. Also, I'd like to partner with someone who does electronics to give us a control box with illuminating and blinking red and green triangle leds.

Find me the correct triangle LEDs, find me someone who wants to make some easy electronic boards to go in the control box, and start dating someone who works at the O2 center in London and who can get you 5 minutes with the original hero and a digital caliper, and I'd love to go for broke and make the most accurate Luke ROTJ even more accurate.

Triangle LED: know someone a sabersmifn who may have even few hundred pairs of red and green triangle LEDs.

LED sequencer: need a circuit board for a two channel LED sequencer. In principle shouldnt be too difficult to get it built to fit in the control box. Need an electronics guru or find an outfit that can build a custom circuit board

Dating someone at the O2 center: this may be difficult since the exhibit at the O2 center is only full September 2017. Getting access to take measurement from the GL's personal SW collection exhibit may be quite difficult unless some Londoner among the RTFer is willing and able. Would you settle for some high res pictures?

Triangle LED: know someone a sabersmifn who may have even few hundred pairs of red and green triangle LEDs.

LED sequencer: need a circuit board for a two channel LED sequencer. In principle shouldnt be too difficult to get it built to fit in the control box. Need an electronics guru or find an outfit that can build a custom circuit board

Dating someone at the O2 center: this may be difficult since the exhibit at the O2 center is only full September 2017. Getting access to take measurement from the GL's personal SW collection exhibit may be quite difficult unless some Londoner among the RTFer is willing and able. Would you settle for some high res pictures?

If you can find the leds please let me know. I've only come across ones that were too big or the wrong shape. As to the LED sequencer. I agree. Probably not a biggie for an electronics guy, but I'm not an electronics guy. Anyone want to step up? As to references, I have plenty of pics and castings. I just one some hard numbers. But maybe that's a pipe dream

I think, if this helps, I think the black buttons are two separate pieces - but the castings show a block with a groove and didn't pick up this detail.

LFA_LukeHero_controlbox.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

you know, I wonder if they cut off the fake lever, hollowed it out and accidentally broke through the side, and plugged it with these buttons. the LED plate is a separate add-on, if I remember correctly.

For the led, KR Sabers, who together with One Replicas made a run of hollow Luke Hero, used injection molded triangles and has put standard LEDs behind. Doing so you do not need to find the triangle leds. If you want I can ask him where he got them produced. Let me know.
For the PCB control box, he has asked plecterlabs to produce them.
We could ask Plecterlabs if he is interested on producing a simple PCB for led sequence.
Cheers
Clément

Envoyé de mon PLK-L01 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
thats interesting, though i still see metal in between the buttons on the side image!
It looks like the 2 boxes might be connected halfway down. I see metal on the top but it's black underneath that.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

If you can find the leds please let me know. I've only come across ones that were too big or the wrong shape. As to the LED sequencer. I agree. Probably not a biggie for an electronics guy, but I'm not an electronics guy. Anyone want to step up? As to references, I have plenty of pics and castings. I just one some hard numbers. But maybe that's a pipe dream

Sent you an email regarding the triangle LEDs. Let me know if you receive them. (Not sure if it is allowed to list the weblink for the LEDs.)

Regarding the LED sequencer, I think that it's fairly straightforward design. One can find examples of them on eBay. They tend to be for multiple LEDs though for this case one only needs circuits to drive two LEDs. Also ones on the eBay are bit large to fit inside the control box. Once one has worked out a proper circuit, one can order a suitably designed PC board and after that it will require some soldering. May be one can even try to fashion them to look like the circuit found inside the Hero prop.

I think that getting access to the O2 exhibit may be difficult. It is probably sealed behind a display glass. Here is a picture of the Luke Hero prop saber I found from the exhibit:
star-wars-identities-exhibition Luke Hero.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back