Luke ROTJ Hero lightsaber comparison pics

It's a really lousy way to display to original prop. Its held in a mannequin's hands at least 6 feet away from the viewer in very dim lighting. It's really hard to see any detail.

Dear all,
Regarding the triangles illumination.
To make it even more simple, a on/off PCB powering two blinking LEDs will be enough. (Like Vader Vault is doing with their hero).
Spirit of OB1 has provided an illumination kit with the crystal chamber he made for the Roman MK1 (see the pictures).
A similar setup can be used. You put the mini PCB inside the control box, solder two standard blinking LEDs in parallel (one red, one green) in front of the injection molded triangles. You drill a hole from the control box towards the hilt to rout the wire to the battery pack, which will be located inside the hilt. The black outside control box button could push/slide the on /off switch inside the box.
b9879860f05dae84f549dafa6feb1811.jpg
d989cc4b964348885742e0ad7a4691a1.jpg

Spirit of ob1

Cheers

Envoyé de mon PLK-L01 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the people above were expecting how to achieve the accurate blinking sequence, not randomly blinking leds or static (that pololu board converts a momentary action to latching to turn the led(s) on and off). In the case it fits, Prizm also features a sequencer (32 stages) that can achieve this (no ads there, just mentionning).

[edit] I'm reading the thread from the very beginning (now) and I understand that's to achieve a display piece with no sound ? Creating a custom PCB that make the light blink is trivial but I'm wondering about the actual demand (vs a saber with sound).

I believe the people above were expecting how to achieve the accurate blinking sequence, not randomly blinking leds or static (that pololu board converts a momentary action to latching to turn the led(s) on and off). In the case it fits, Prizm also features a sequencer (32 stages) that can achieve this (no ads there, just mentionning).

[edit] I'm reading the thread from the very beginning (now) and I understand that's to achieve a display piece with no sound ? Creating a custom PCB that make the light blink is trivial but I'm wondering about the actual demand (vs a saber with sound).
Among the non- fx crowd (of which there are plenty around here), I imagine that there would be quite a demand. I know that I'd love to have a screen accurate shelf queen with the correct blinking led sequence.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Merci Emmanuel For having taking the time to read the thread and answer.
In fact the demand for 1 to 1 prop Replicas is quite important. The prop Replicas from Anakin Starkiller are the best ever made and each of his runs are a huge success. I can imagine that over 100 people will register for the run.

As you already understood already we would need a PCB adapted to the control box being able to switch on and off the 2 led and apply the right sequence.

Merci Emmanuel For having taking the time to read the thread and answer.
In fact the demand for 1 to 1 prop Replicas is quite important. The prop Replicas from Anakin Starkiller are the best ever made and each of his runs are a huge success. I can imagine that over 100 people will register for the run.

As you already understood already we would need a PCB adapted to the control box being able to switch on and off the 2 led and apply the right sequence.

Why not start an interest page and find out what is the interest level and what people want? Faithful replica? Sound and light features?

The prop Replicas from Anakin Starkiller are the best ever made

Far away from that - nothing i ever bought here was so disappointing as the bad quality i got from him. And his customer service was next to non existent.

I still could slap myself for not immediatly complaining at paypal.

L-LUKE! There is a-noth-er H-E...R-O.

Looking around this morning I found these photos from (jere7my tho?rpe)'s photobucket account of The Magic of Myth Exhibit that he took back on November 1, 2001.

This photo he has labeled Vader's lightaber....
LIGHTSABER - LUKE - ROTJ - HERO - photo by  jere7my thorpe - Taken on November 1 2001 - 02.jpg

And this photo he has labeled Luke's lightsaber...
LIGHTSABER - LUKE - ROTJ - HERO - photo by  jere7my thorpe - Taken on November 1 2001 - 01.jpg

These are two different versions of the LUKE ROTJ HERO, on two different stands (one stalk painted silver, the other stalk is clear).

The "Vader" has less weathering on the windvane and a rusty Tri-Ring compared to the "Luke".

Both seem to have the blue clamp card and the extra grey bits under the brass right-angle strips.

So, which, if either, of these is the HERO, and how many copies are there?

L-LUKE! There is a-noth-er H-E...R-O.

Looking around this morning I found these photos from (jere7my tho?rpe)'s photobucket account of The Magic of Myth Exhibit that he took back on November 1, 2001.

This photo he has labeled Vader's lightaber....
View attachment 715766

And this photo he has labeled Luke's lightsaber...
View attachment 715767

These are two different versions of the LUKE ROTJ HERO, on two different stands (one stalk painted silver, the other stalk is clear).

The "Vader" has less weathering on the windvane and a rusty Tri-Ring compared to the "Luke".

Both seem to have the blue clamp card and the extra grey bits under the brass right-angle strips.

So, which, if either, of these is the HERO, and how many copies are there?

Don't hold me to this but I believe the second photo u posted is a resin copy of the hero

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! Has anyone ever researched how many resin castings are floating around out there in various exhibits, displays (Skywalker Ranch, Disney Parks, etc.)?

I know there's at least two LUKE TFA's out there: Disney World and Disney Land.

So I'm curious as to how many "Official" LUKE ROTJ HEROs there are? Because, some of us, not me, but some of us, have to have one of every lightsaber. ;)

between all these resin castings of the hero, I'm convinced nothing on the hero is copper colored.

between all these resin castings of the hero, I'm convinced nothing on the hero is copper colored.
I'm 99.999% sure that until Obi Wan's ROTS saber, copper didn't appear on screen. Brass, baby, all the way. The shared stunt has a copper painted neck nowadays, but it was touched up (repainted, reflective tape added) for exhibition well after filming wrapped up (ca 95 or so?) . In certain lighting, brass can appear a bit coppery, so that may have informed the paint selection when touching things up. The shared stunt was used as reference for so much merchandising throughout the years that the copper neck proliferated the public consciousness. That's my theory, and unless someone can provide concrete photographic evidence to the contrary, I'm sticking to it.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back