Limited Run Luke Shared stunt Version Lightsaber ( Run Full )

Re: Luke Shared stunt Version Lightsaber

now I'm not so sure. I just can't figure out why they'd drill a hole...and how the edges of the foil would get pressed inwards. if it was there prior, they would just cover over it, like the wire hole on the pommel. if it was after, the foil would get torn up with sharp drill edges. This makes me think its an illusion...

Most likely that it isn't the same clamp the Shared Stunt sported during the production of ANH. The way I figure it, this is a clamp band take from another hilt; most probably one of the cobbled together Graflex stunts, and the two holes were drilled as a means to secure the stunt hilt together or were used in something like the RotJ Vader dueling stunt with its screws. Perhaps, at that time, the foil also covered the screws heads but when it came time to refurbish the Shared Stunt, the foil was cut off of the screws to remove the clamp to re-use it on the Shared Stunt. That would probably account for why there's two near perfect holes in the foil while the rest covered the other proper slots originally on the clamp.

That's just my personal reasoning and conjecture anyway. The world will never know the reasons and methods about how they came to be. The two are most definitely holes though, I feel.

If this was originally an OBI stunt, maybe the holes were meant to be where the resistors were placed?

not bad reasoning! Completely different area though, the amplifiers/transistors were placed over the square tab holes on the clamp.

not bad reasoning! Completely different area though, the amplifiers/transistors were placed over the square tab holes on the clamp.

This was close to my line of thinking... Except based on where the holes are, my thought was it was a clean up attempt of the drill holes in the clamp from where the cotter pins were used to secure the clamp to the booster on the Obi...

I like all copper for the upper windvane.
Ugh - this is going to make me get all variants of the thin neck. I had been happy with just the OB1 and V2.

Interested if it can also be used as a static prop. No sound holes and no big 1" hole in the emitter.

Not looking at another Graflex 2.0 variant.

This was close to my line of thinking... Except based on where the holes are, my thought was it was a clean up attempt of the drill holes in the clamp from where the cotter pins were used to secure the clamp to the booster on the Obi...

that's true, they probably didn't have to give back the graflex clamp, just the war-time parts of that saber...interesting...

also, in case the post for overlooked...if you're putting a set screw in the booster area, why not actually have a set screw hold the pommel in place?

--- ][
I think its just a deep groove cut all the way around the insert.

Interested pending price. Copper is cool if it's not too pricey, and I too would use as a static prop so no need to sound holes and such.

Didnt the shared stunt have a big hole in the emitter? Wouldn't be getting rid of the hole sacrificing accuracy? Sorry Im not that familiar with the shared stunt.

I would prefer accuracy as well with a static prop.

There should be 3 holes on the clamp. I took some photos for you with an accurate clamp card.

IMG_20161002_185115.jpgIMG_20161002_185130.jpgIMG_20161002_185147.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back