Miniature Fog Machine from E-Cig

IAmTheClayman

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
First off, a disclaimer: I knew absolutely zilch about e-cigarettes before this morning, so if I misuse any terminology or ask about something that absolutely cannot be done feasibly or safely I apologize in advance.

I'm trying to make a very small, very potent smoke machine using an e-cig as the basis, since there seem to be a good number of tutorials and videos out there which have already proven the concept. However, the smoke output they provide has been somewhat lackluster, so I want to modify the process a bit. Supposedly "sub-ohm" atomizers produce a greater quantity of vapor, which is why I'm looking at a VaporMod XTank 4.0 to use as the base for my fogger (that plus it appears to have an absolutely massive tank compared to other e-cig clearomizers.)

That all said, does anyone know if this atomizer would be a good one to use? If I plan on having the fogger up near my head is it possible to mod the "510 connector" to solder it so that it can be connected to a battery pack kept on my waist? What are some other options/obstacles I should be considering before I get into this?

EDIT: I've only watched bits and pieces of it, but this video seems like it could be the basis for my battery/control unit. Would definitely appreciate thoughts

Last edited:
I use a similar sub-ohm vape tank on my e-cig, and it puts out tons of vapor. In my experience straight Vegetable Glycerine is the way to achieve the biggest clouds. To answer your question, yes. You can solder to the tank 510 connector. Just remember that the sub-ohm tank requires a battery that is sub-ohm stable. Otherwise you will discharge the battery too fast and generate an incredible amount of heat. This is a bad thing. For any of the electrical stuff, I'd be sure to ask the "dudes" at the local vape shop to be sure you don't lose a finger to a careless boom.

Cheers!
By the way, Wal-mart carries Vegetable Glycerine in the health and beauty section near the calamine lotion. It's around $4

I use a similar sub-ohm vape tank on my e-cig, and it puts out tons of vapor. In my experience straight Vegetable Glycerine is the way to achieve the biggest clouds. To answer your question, yes. You can solder to the tank 510 connector. Just remember that the sub-ohm tank requires a battery that is sub-ohm stable. Otherwise you will discharge the battery too fast and generate an incredible amount of heat. This is a bad thing. For any of the electrical stuff, I'd be sure to ask the "dudes" at the local vape shop to be sure you don't lose a finger to a careless boom.

Cheers!
By the way, Wal-mart carries Vegetable Glycerine in the health and beauty section near the calamine lotion. It's around $4

Thank you! Since you seem to know your way around this topic, a question: if you have a vape box mod powered on does it constantly produce vapor? Or do you need to actually inhale to draw the vapor out? I'm trying to avoid the need to integrate an air pump into this build to propel the fog if possible, but I'm not sure if the mouthpiece will expel vapor on its own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of the vape mods that I know of require external airflow means. I am not sure what you will be using the mod for, but you can surely find a small fan, or build one which will suit your needs. Obviously, the more airflow you have, the more vapor you will make. Also, it isn't necessary to draw air over the coil like a smoker might. you an blow air over the coil and out of the intake to produce vapor. It really depends on what you are using it for, and if you have space limitations, or other considerations. You DO have to have airflow for the vaporizer to work properly. otherwise it will heat up like normal, and smoulder, but not produce clouds. (think of the smokestack on the old Lionel toy trains) Take a look at this video for an idea of what sort of fan I am talking about. You can obviously modify it for size, etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQRE_d8wzBQ

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back