Can anyone ID where this ALIENS piece is from?

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Trying to find out some history on this item. It is a full 1:1 scale version of the Power Loader Ripley uses against the Queen in ALIENS. I don't think this is a piece from the movie, but it is so well made, it doesn't seem to be from a fan. Anyone know anything about it?

ALIENS - Power Loader Cage 01.jpgALIENS - Power Loader Cage 09.jpgALIENS - Power Loader Cage 08.jpg
ALIENS - Power Loader Cage 07.jpgALIENS - Power Loader Cage 06.jpgALIENS - Power Loader Cage 05.jpg
ALIENS - Power Loader Cage 04.jpgALIENS - Power Loader Cage 03.jpgALIENS - Power Loader Cage 02.jpg
ALIENS - Power Loader Cage 10.jpgALIENS - Power Loader Cage 15.jpgALIENS - Power Loader Cage 14.jpg
ALIENS - Power Loader Cage 13.jpgALIENS - Power Loader Cage 12.jpgALIENS - Power Loader Cage 11.jpg
ALIENS - Power Loader Cage 16.jpg

maybe from the ripley power loader close ups? im guessing it would be easier to shoot those scenes then having her get into the full suit etc.. looks like VERY distinctive paint chips on the yellow cage/cross bars... maybe you can screen match?? just a thought.. :)

Trying to recall the section in Disney's Great Movie Ride.... but I cannot recall if this could have been a background piece. I was wondering if it could have been used somewhere in the background off to the side on the ride?

Seems to me that it's the part of the Power Loader from the movie (it's matching some of the scene, but not all; specially the wear and tear on some of the main tubes) so maybe, as other have suggested it was used for close-ups? Or it's all that's left from that prop:confused

In an interview, James Cameron once talked about a young fan that wanted to get into the film industry and showed up one day outside his office after having built a loader by himself. Cameron was so impressed he helped the guy get an assistant job or something. Could this be part of that build maybe?

I was thinking the Alien War experience in London too. Maybe a photo op prop or a really well made fan item like the story above.

The pipes are too thick and the gap in the front rectangle is the wrong shape. I don't think it was a filming unit for closeups or otherwise.

Last edited:
Aliens-Power-Loader-585-x-364.jpg...ALIENS%20-%20Power%20Loader%20Cage%2013.jpg

A definite similarity. It sure looks like somebody's replica.....
Would be cool if it was used somewhere officially.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back