Darth Vader Melted helmet kit Upgrade

Kroenen77

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have one of the awesome kits of Master Edi´s Melted Vaderhelmet.Its so great..and perfect from the front and the left side...but after I saw the back and the right side of the propshop one I wanna upgrade this areas.Master Edi had not the reference pics at the point he sculpted the master.

So I see what I can do now to upgrade the kit a little bit.

I think the front is perfect...I removed only the round part in the mouth and the tusk because I want a metal tusk.

26930449zj.jpg

I´ve found an very old tusk...when I cut it down in the middle it could work..

26930502mt.jpg

After that I made the raw shape of the new areas...

26930569fy.jpg

26930595oe.jpg

Looks great sofar ... and it's a whole other ballgame than the ROTJ Reveal Vader ... perhaps the only thing/prop I really liked from TFA :wacko
This is a painting made with spraypaint and oils that I purchased at a local comic con before TFA was released in the cinema :

Vader%20Episode%20VII_zps3bho1ner.jpg

Chaim

Watching this thread for sure! I plan to do some of the same modification, mainly under the chin. Lots of dremeling in my future :cry

After looking over the areas of the right side...I think they did not molded this extra for the helmet.I think they used a tabletop base or a 3d map for this "rocklike"pieces.
But the question is...whats the right one?:unsure

I think this is the right position of the parts on the base:

27100374jh.jpg

I think this details can help to find this....

27111759lb.jpg

Last edited:
Ok..now it goes to the painting...I really love the paintjob of one of the propshop promohelmets.So I wanna paint my helmet like this.

The propshop helmet:
28015414rm.jpg

My helmet:
28016970ys.jpg

28017158jh.jpg

28016994if.jpg

28017081ei.jpg

28017039js.jpg

28017050es.jpg

28017055kz.jpg

And I added some details on the Reveal Section....

28016949lu.jpg

Now its only the skull to paint...;)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back