Ghostbusters 1/4 Pete Venkman AND Slimer by hollywood collectibles group

Customrelic

Im sure i wasnt the only one excited when this was announced. Ghostbusters was one of my favorite movies as a kid and i had to have this. Today, I finally got it and im excited like a little kid again. I didnt see it discussed anywhere which is why i started the thread. I need to know more. I assume they will be releasing all of them? Who else got it and what are your thoughts? Finally one day of happiness for me after weeks of deaths, fire, illness, stolen car etc.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Re: Ghostbusters 1/4 Pete Venkman by hollywood collectibles group

also mentioned in the life sized slimer thread, but there will be more of these, so it deserves it's own.

It's nice to see something that recovers a little of the positivity of the GB franchise that has long since been lost.

Im sure i wasnt the only one excited when this was announced. Ghostbusters was one of my favorite movies as a kid and i had to have this. Today, I finally got it and im excited like a little kid again. I didnt see it discussed anywhere which is why i started the thread. I need to know more. I assume they will be releasing all of them? Who else got it and what are your thoughts? Finally one day of happiness for me after weeks of deaths, fire, illness, stolen car etc.
View attachment 666701

Glad to hear this was to your liking. Stantz is the next up for pre-order. :)
Then the rest of the group will follow.

Glad to hear this was to your liking. Stantz is the next up for pre-order. :)
Then the rest of the group will follow.
Right now its my favorite. And i own a lot. I would have loved to get the one that had the trap though. When does Stantz become available? Is it on your site?

Right now its my favorite. And i own a lot. I would have loved to get the one that had the trap though. When does Stantz become available? Is it on your site?
Awe! That sucks you didn't get an exclusive version. The little trap is cool.
Stantz is is the works but I am not sure when he will be ready for release. Hopefully soon... Right now we have a couple other items outside of that franchise that will launch first.

Stantz is is the works but I am not sure when he will be ready for release. Hopefully soon... Right now we have a couple other items outside of that franchise that will launch first.

Yeah i know. Sooner or later ill find a trap somewhere. No other release from any company will bring me happiness like the ghostbusters line. Im in for them all.

Please keep it from pre ordering a few months from now.

My wallet can't handle anymore :)

It's nice that the company who made this decided to start it all out with a commemorative statue of the guy who ultimately made GB3 impossible.

I love Murray SO much in those films, but I hated why he made it so difficult wanting out of the 3rd one. It had to be an emotional hell for Aykroyd and Ramis trying to write a great story without Venkman being a prominent figure in it.

It's nice that the company who made this decided to start it all out with a commemorative statue of the guy who ultimately made GB3 impossible.

I love Murray SO much in those films, but I hated why he made it so difficult wanting out of the 3rd one. It had to be an emotional hell for Aykroyd and Ramis trying to write a great story without Venkman being a prominent figure in it.

And if we started with another character, we would eventually get to Bill Murray, and it would be at that time you would complain that we did a statue to commemorate him. :lol
No matter what order we release these, his history with GB3 would still remain the same. :thumbsup

True. I followed the gb3 news for years. First he said no, then yes, then he wanted his character to be a ghost etc. i was so pissed when Ramis died because i thought the same. If muray didnt have to be a pain, it would have been made with all the originals. But i guess thats what happens when u dont care too much about acting anymore and just want to play golf. I think he actually said that somewhere.

And if we started with another character, we would eventually get to Bill Murray, and it would be at that time you would complain that we did a statue to commemorate him. :lol
No matter what order we release these, his history with GB3 would still remain the same. :thumbsup

If you guys planned on doing them all (which im sure u did) either way you would have got to him. I honestly dont care what order they come out. Im getting them all! I even started building a diorama to display them. Its a serious construction project lol. Ill show you when it gets farther along, but it has to do with the hotel. And no expense spared for this one. And btw, i had another let down. I went to get slimer but the glow in the dark one is not available. I have to ask about the waiting lists, do you plan on making the sold out pieces available again? Or is it only for people who cancel their original orders and next people on the list get it?

True. I followed the gb3 news for years. First he said no, then yes, then he wanted his character to be a ghost etc. i was so pissed when Ramis died because i thought the same. If muray didnt have to be a pain, it would have been made with all the originals. But i guess thats what happens when u dont care too much about acting anymore and just want to play golf. I think he actually said that somewhere.

If you guys planned on doing them all (which im sure u did) either way you would have got to him. I honestly dont care what order they come out. Im getting them all! I even started building a diorama to display them. Its a serious construction project lol. Ill show you when it gets farther along, but it has to do with the hotel. And no expense spared for this one. And btw, i had another let down. I went to get slimer but the glow in the dark one is not available. I have to ask about the waiting lists, do you plan on making the sold out pieces available again? Or is it only for people who cancel their original orders and next people on the list get it?

I am not sure of the plan on those. I can ask though to see what the future plan will be as far as doing another run.

Not if at least Ramis was the first one I probably wouldn't have said a peep. He's one of the original 4 Ghostbusters regardless and you can't NOT have him in a set.

Hence, no comment ;o). still love bill, even if he was a dick to the GB franchise. Although if aykroyd is really that crazy irl, you might begin to guess why he wanted to avoid him :)

I am not sure of the plan on those. I can ask though to see what the future plan will be as far as doing another run.

Is it safe to assume that they will all be posing in some sort of action pose? Like the venkman?

image.jpeg

So today i added the slimer to my collection. I didnt realize it was almost 24" tall. i feel like a kid again. I think it was awesome of HCG to give you an additional "glow in the dark" slimer with the exclusive addition. Now my quest begins to upgrade my standard Venkman to the exclusive version that comes with the trap. I got a notification in the last few days that some became available only through social media and their newsletter. Fingers crossed. I wish their website had ballparks on when other pieces will be available. Id be happy with just a year at this point. Maybe its better if they space them out a bit so people dont have to worry about paying for them every few months. Idk i used the pament plan option but im actually going to pay one off this week just to scratch the itch lol. Anyone else have either? If so please post photos. Thanks

Last edited:
any ideas on when life sized slimer starts shipping?

hoping possible christmas dates ;o)

We were expecting the truck by the end of this month, but I think there were shipping delays due to all the tropical storms and hurricanes out in the ocean. These are coming by boat. Should be to us in early November and shipping out immediately to customers.

i noticed a bigger charge on my slimer today. and i think that the website said that the final 6th payment would be bigger than the others.

so I hope this means they are shipping soon :).

can't wait to see whatthis looks like. although i am fast running out of space for stuff. i'm going to have to stop buying stuff soon :(

i noticed a bigger charge on my slimer today. and i think that the website said that the final 6th payment would be bigger than the others.

so I hope this means they are shipping soon :).

can't wait to see whatthis looks like. although i am fast running out of space for stuff. i'm going to have to stop buying stuff soon :(
Very soon ;)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back