Stormtrooper experts. What is this piece on Han's armor?

Cenobyte

Sr Member
Wish I could get a better picture, but the scanner did the best it could.

I have never noticed this extra piece to the trooper armor under the shoulder bell, nor have ever seen it on anyone's armor.

Anyone know what this extra piece is? Discuss amongst yourselves :)

soloarmor1.bmp

Looks like it could be white fabric elastic with a white clip (possibly attached to the arm cuff - to hold it up in position)?

It looks to be just a bent piece of ABS that is either glued or riveted in place to help keep the biceps from falling down. I don't think the movie suit's biceps were actually connected to anything (other than forearms below) so they could easily slip down and these clips are used to slot under the shoulder bells straps and hold them up. I made some for someone and I'll see if I can dig up a pic to show you.

-Paul.

Looks like the upper arm tube has a thin strip of black elastic that is runnign over it to hold down the bottom of the shoulder bell.

Maybe it's a piece to keep the shoulder bell strap from running up the arm when they raise their arms, so that the shoulder bell always stays in place!?

Its black elastic strapping that keeps the bell from flopping around, there is a hook on the bicep also which supports it fromm sliding down. Thats my view of course, no inside knowledge.

Cheers

Its black elastic strapping that keeps the bell from flopping around, there is a hook on the bicep also which supports it fromm sliding down. Thats my view of course, no inside knowledge.

Cheers

Straps like that are on suits like mine, and it sure looks like a hook riveted in place. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

My guess would be gaffer's tape to hold the shoulder strap that subsequently broke from use so only one side is holding.

Seeing the larger version of the same image, it definately looks like the elastic strap that holds the shoulder bell in place.

The elastic looks twisted.

Thank you for the larger shot.

Make sense now as my smaller one made the piece look like a seperate piece :)

Hmm...did you think it was a seperate piece on top of the bicep??? I'm not really sure what your initial question was now but what you are seeing is a standard issue elastic shoulder bell strap which is found on all troopers but Hans' bicep's sport an extra clip where the shoulder bell strap holds up his bicep armour.

GUYS... Look closly.. Its just an black elastic band going from one side to the other on the shoulder bell arround the biceps. Its an optical ilusion...

It looks like its some other white part but its not.
Its just a black elastic going arround that is twisted. Just like FX armor.

I thought he was speaking about the little white clip holding the strap from riding up over the bicep piece. Oh well... must have mis-read, then.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back