Part Cast Exchange for the Green Leader Project!

WINGNIT

Hello All- Given the cost involved and rarity of some of the donor kits required for those doing the Green Leader Project, why not do a resin cast part exchange for some these to help with the cost? I believe Masterpiece Models will have some of the parts coming out soon based on MoffEaton's generous donation of rare (or expensive) finds which will be an awesome resource, but there are a ton of parts on this thing so I propose that those of us who can cast and have some of the kits, let's pool our resources and try swap casts. As general practice, about every month, a o through the donor kits I have, match them to the kit ID's and I go ahead and make a mold and casts so I have spares. Whenever I don't I screw an original up, and have to go back to EBAY!

Sooooo, I'll kick it off with my lists of HAVES and WANTS, and you guys jump in if you want to take part in it. Please note that this isn't a parts run or builders kit run by any means. I'm not set up for that kind of production and time is precious, but if anyone else is of the same frame of mind for swapping casts, perhaps we can pool resources and take some of the burn out of gathering parts. I won't name all the parts, but if you are following Scott Graham, Dave G, and Big Dog's threads, you will have a good idea what parts are what.

In My Possession:

• 1/144 Airfix Clipper
  • 1/700 Enterprise
  • 1/35 Command Post Car M577
  • 1/35 Italeri M1-A2
  • 1/48 Bandai Type K2S
  • 1/144 Airfix Saturn V
  • 1/24 Airfix ME-109
  • 1/24 Airfix Hurricane
  • 1.72 Airfix Buffalo & Jeep
  • OO Airfix Harrows
  • Airfix 0/400 Handley Page
  • 1/35 Tamiya Matilda
  • 1/600 Airfix Maurentia
  • 1/72 Hasegawa Sherman
  • 1/72 Hasegawa Gas Truck
  • 1/48 Bandai JagdPanther
  • 1/35 Tamiya 25PDR Field Gun
  • 1/35 Tamiya 8RAD
  • 1/72 Airfix Phantom
  • 1/72 Airfix Focke Wulfe
  • 1/76 Airfix Scammel
  • 1/1200 Airfix HMS Hood
  • 1/76 Fujimi Elefant
  • 1/76 Fujimi Jagdtiger
  • 1/600 HMS Nelson
  • 1/35 Tamiya Panther G
  • 1/72 Airfix F84 Thunderstreak
  • 1/24 Airfix Mustang
  • 1/35 Tamiya Carro Armato
Seeking:
  • 1/9 ESCI Kettenkrad
  • 1/15 Hummel
  • 1/16 LS Morgan
  • 1/35 Nichimo Jagdtiger
  • 1/48 Nakajima BN52
  • Nichimo i-19
  • 1/48 Otaki P51
  • 1/15 Stug
  • Sealab (me and everyone else on the planet, right?)
  • Bandai 1/24 Shiden
  • 1/24 Airfix Hawker Harrier
  • 1/24 AMT Payhauler

Last edited:
This is great!

John from Masterpiece said the second round (I requested the Y-Wing centric stuff get bumped to this slot for you guys) is due out in a week or two - I'll post a heads up when he's ready. But yeah, it doesn't take you even close to enough for all the stuff you will need for a Y-Wing. It's a kit sucking black hole!! Glad you are spearheading something.

This is great!

John from Masterpiece said the second round (I requested the Y-Wing centric stuff get bumped to this slot for you guys) is due out in a week or two - I'll post a heads up when he's ready. But yeah, it doesn't take you even close to enough for all the stuff you will need for a Y-Wing. It's a kit sucking black hole!! Glad you are spearheading something.

Trying to spearhead something! We will see if it grows legs. I've got another interesting idea under my hat. I'll PM you because I'd like your opinion first.

This is great!

That's great news about masterpiece. You are right, it's like a boat- a hole you throw your money into. The Falcon and Turret I'm sure have it licked though. I picked a doozy for my second studio scale...damn.

So far I have everything on your list except for.

Hummell (have some parts)
Stug (have some parts)
Payhauler

I don't have everything in rubber (regarding the Y)but I'll do what I can.

I'll post a photo of my stash when I get a chance.

Hello All- Given the cost involved and rarity of some of the donor kits required for those doing the Green Leader Project, why not do a resin cast part exchange for some these to help with the cost? I believe Masterpiece Models will have some of the parts coming out soon based on MoffEaton's generous donation of rare (or expensive) finds which will be an awesome resource, but there are a ton of parts on this thing so I propose that those of us who can cast and have some of the kits, let's pool our resources and try swap casts. As general practice, about every month, a o through the donor kits I have, match them to the kit ID's and I go ahead and make a mold and casts so I have spares. Whenever I don't I screw an original up, and have to go back to EBAY!

Sooooo, I'll kick it off with my lists of HAVES and WANTS, and you guys jump in if you want to take part in it. Please note that this isn't a parts run or builders kit run by any means. I'm not set up for that kind of production and time is precious, but if anyone else is of the same frame of mind for swapping casts, perhaps we can pool resources and take some of the burn out of gathering parts. I won't name all the parts, but if you are following Scott Graham, Dave G, and Big Dog's threads, you will have a good idea what parts are what.

In My Possession:

• 1/144 Airfix Clipper
  • 1/700 Enterprise
  • 1/35 Command Post Car M577
  • 1/35 Italeri M1-A2
  • 1/48 Bandai Type K2S
  • 1/144 Airfix Saturn V
  • 1/24 Airfix ME-109
  • 1/24 Airfix Hurricane
  • 1.72 Airfix Buffalo & Jeep
  • OO Airfix Harrows
  • Airfix 0/400 Handley Page
  • 1/35 Tamiya Matilda
  • 1/600 Airfix Maurentia
  • 1/72 Hasegawa Sherman
  • 1/72 Hasegawa Gas Truck
  • 1/48 Bandai JagdPanther
  • 1/35 Tamiya 25PDR Field Gun
  • 1/35 Tamiya 8RAD
  • 1/72 Airfix Phantom
  • 1/72 Airfix Focke Wulfe
  • 1/76 Airfix Scammel
Seeking:
  • 1/9 ESCI Kettenkrad
  • 1/15 Hummel
  • 1/16 LS Morgan
  • 1/25 Centurion
  • 1/24 Mustang
  • 1/35 Nichimo Jagdtiger
  • 1/48 Nakajima BN52
  • 1/20 Nichimo I-19
  • 1/48 Otaki P51
  • 1/15 Stug
  • Sealab (me and everyone else on the planet, right?)
  • Bandai 1/24 Shiden
  • 1/24 Airfix Hawker Harrier
  • 1/24 AMT Payhauler
  • 1/76 Fujimi Elephant
  • 1/130 Frog Welder
Good idea , of your wants I have 1/25 Centurian and 1/24 mustang

I have a lot of your kits , and I am ignoring getting anything that can be purchased readily on eBay
my wants really centre around yours the Kettenkrad (some time ago before I decided on perusing studio scale I held that kit in my hands , real faceplant looking back on that) Hummel and Stug are are my priority at the moment , for this to work it would be nice if some of the unusual kits are posted in the kit scan area (mine are , see the kit scan section)

if this kit 1/35 Command Post Car M577 supplies the outer detail on the y-wing engines I might be interested
image.jpegSeen here on left of engine with circular details
handley page engines, phantom engine outlet

im building tie killer , it's the ship I fell in love with .

Good idea , of your wants I have 1/25 Centurian and 1/24 mustang

I have a lot of your kits , and I am ignoring getting anything that can be purchased readily on eBay
my wants really centre around yours the Kettenkrad (some time ago before I decided on perusing studio scale I held that kit in my hands , real faceplant looking back on that) Hummel and Stug are are my priority at the moment , for this to work it would be nice if some of the unusual kits are posted in the kit scan area (mine are , see the kit scan section)

if this kit 1/35 Command Post Car M577 supplies the outer detail on the y-wing engines I might be interested
View attachment 665759Seen here on left of engine with circular details
handley page engines, phantom engine outlet

im building tie killer , it's the ship I fell in love with .

I will check the command post car for the part. I've lost 5 bids on a Kettenkrad in the past weeks...ughhhh! Last one went for over $250 with $40 shipping. That's past my puke point!

I have a couple of these Kettenkrad track parts left from a previous attempt if someone wants to borrow them to make some molds/casts? I can't get a good mold from them for the life of me.
20160920_191415.jpg

I have a couple of these Kettenkrad track parts left from a previous attempt if someone wants to borrow them to make some molds/casts? I can't get a good mold from them for the life of me.
View attachment 665799
my stash is in vacuum sealed bags in the dark recesses of our attic , thankfully my wife is scared of heights so trips to the attic are like Everest .

let me know what your looking for and I'll cast up what your looking for first as I want to make sure my castings are good enough for you before we move on a swap.
If there are multiples of items in a kit it may be cheaper just to give you an original piece rather than the cost of casting, don't be upset if there are some multiples I cannot give up as the falcon is my priority , the y-wing second ......

I am looking for the Morgan part. I'll offer the same deal I made to a couple other members for the loan of parts... if someone can loan me the part I will make them a mold and return the original part, the mold and a couple of castings.

Anybody in the UK building this ? Once Daves Y wing arrives here I've got some extra kits I'd like to do swops with ie extra Apollo and 8Rads pieces etc. And has anybody printed the body out in the UK? Looking for a source for that, anyone do business with Shapeway in the UK?

View attachment 665799

Is there a deep undercut on the bottom side that is preventing the good cast? It may lend itself more to a two-part mold? If so, I haven't done one yet, but will be trying this weekend I think. If I feel confident enough I'm willing to try, but if there is someone else with better skills who is willing to do it, even better.

I am looking for the Morgan part. I'll offer the same deal I made to a couple other members for the loan of parts... if someone can loan me the part I will make them a mold and return the original part, the mold and a couple of castings.
Sorry Dave the Morgan is still on my hunt list
see my Grail Diary , the kit want lists are getting longer and the amount being ticked off are slowing ;)
check out my stash , if there is anything else there you want a loan of let me know https://flic.kr/p/Ltz8P3
image.jpeg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back