Part Cast Exchange for the Green Leader Project!

I am in the process of prepping some parts to mold, Sealab, Bandai German Tank 4 and Kettenkrad. I want to get some opinions on which parts are used, mainly Kettenkrad.

I apologize in advance if I upset anyone by using their pictures. I got them from ebay I think. Some are screen snips from Big Dog's really nice Red Jammer part map thread. If the original owner is upset I will take them down.

German Tank 4.

Capture_zpsobptigeo.jpg

I have spotted two separate parts from the kit. The half cylinder that sits behind the LEM on the top of the fuselage. I suspect I also see the same part on the sides under each wing but am unable to find any good pictures that confirm this. Anyone have any ideas? The other part I see is a rectangular piece that sits on the top fuselage, not too far behind the astromech. Some of those greens all look the same to me, but I think the smaller bits are not Tank 4. Any other Tank 4 parts I should throw in?

Now, on to the Kettenkrad.

Do both of these parts get used? I know the one on the right is used on both sides of the Y under the wing. For some reason I feel I should mold them both but I am unable to spot the left part on the Y.

ketparts_zpsjbyi4uug.jpg

I've also got the little bit:

ket%20part_zps0v6qh96t.jpg

Here is a picture of a bunch of Y-wing parts. The green are Kettenkrad. The darker blue I am positive or almost certain are not Kettenkrad. The cyan I do not recognize and have not been able to find what they are. I would like to mold all of the parts from the Kettenkrad at once. Can anyone confirm/deny the cyan parts? If they are Kettenkrad I am looking right past them when I look through my kit. Or correct me on any dark blue parts? Did I forget any?

marked%20up_zpsz9lwgmkk.jpg

Thanks

Cyan parts are Hasegawa M4A3E8 Sherman in 1/72 scale.

Kettenkrad: You need two of the large part on the right. One under each wing.

Bandai type 4: I think those two pieces on top are the only pieces used from that kit.

Yes, those are all Hasegawa Sherman.

- - - Updated - - -

About that half cylinder from the Type IV being under each wing: I don't think that's the part, but there is a half cylinder part that seems to go on the rear part of the 25 pounder shield or yoke part back there.

Yes, those are all Hasegawa Sherman.

- - - Updated - - -

About that half cylinder from the Type IV being under each wing: I don't think that's the part, but there is a half cylinder part that seems to go on the rear part of the 25 pounder shield or yoke part back there.

Here is what I am seeing. I don't think this is a secret pic; I don't want to get in trouble. Just in case I have snipped it down. If this is a 'not to be posted' picture please mods remove it, or let me know and I will remove it. Shame this has to be so touchy.

This would be under the port wing. You see the Kettenkrad part further back. I think I see the same part under the starboard wing, but no picture I have found is clear enough to say for sure.

capture%202_zpsylqehuce.jpg

Oh no, not at all. Sorry about that. The bulkhead behind the cockpit/forward fuselage. It's cut up a lot and reused on the Y 's.

You may need to hit me upside the head with it.

The only thing I see that even looks similar to me is a part that Big Dog lists from the Maurentania, behind the astromech and behind the flat rectangular Tank 4 part. It sort of looks like half of a 55 gallan barrel. I don't think I am following what section of fuselage you are talking about. Maybe the side part made form the 8rad? That doesn't look right either. I got a PM that suggests if is from the Sealab. I will look at my kit when I get home, but I just am not seeing it.

You may need to hit me upside the head with it.

The only thing I see that even looks similar to me is a part that Big Dog lists from the Maurentania, behind the astromech and behind the flat rectangular Tank 4 part. It sort of looks like half of a 55 gallan barrel. I don't think I am following what section of fuselage you are talking about. Maybe the side part made form the 8rad? That doesn't look right either. I got a PM that suggests if is from the Sealab. I will look at my kit when I get home, but I just am not seeing it.

Here ya go, hope this better explains it. I was on my phone earlier.
View attachment 697777

That's one of my favorite asseblies on the Y. It definately was my favorite to build. After seeing it for the 1st time on the bulkhead all of a sudden I started noticing pieces of it everywhere.

I just finished some molds and have pulled a few castings. Bandai German Tank 4, Tamiya Lancaster, Nichimo I19 and Airfix/MPC Harrier. My molds are two sided, so all of the castings are two sided, just like the kit part. The parts are cast under pressure, not always totally bubble free but any problem will be easy to repair.

I would love to trade for Otaki Yamato castings or Nichimo Yamato/Musashi or Hyuga castings. I will sell too, pm me.

IMG_0145_zpsdzqwwipu.jpg
IMG_0140_zpsopv92ym7.jpg
IMG_0139_zpsgcfhv3tr.jpg
IMG_0136_zpsr0imcrtf.jpg

Next up is the Kettenkrad. How many of the track link parts are used across the Y? I *think* 6 and 4, can anyone confirm that or set me straight?

IMG_0138_zpszuyrqxwl.jpg

Last edited:
The Kettenkrad molds are done. I will post pics once I pour some resin.

Now I am trying to finish up some Sealab stuff. How was this part trimmed for the bottom of the Y? It looks to me like it may have just been cut flat, removing the sides and counter top, leaving only the drawers.

The mold I made of it was rushed as I had extra rtv left and grabbed this part to use it on. In the rush I did not design pour and vent holes so I need to go back and cut them into the rtv. If the part is cut flat it will be easy as I won't need to care about the sides or counter top.

IMG_0543_zps4esoafyy.jpg

Thanks

I just finished some molds and have pulled a few castings. Bandai German Tank 4, Tamiya Lancaster, Nichimo I19 and Airfix/MPC Harrier. My molds are two sided, so all of the castings are two sided, just like the kit part. The parts are cast under pressure, not always totally bubble free but any problem will be easy to repair.

I would love to trade for Otaki Yamato castings or Nichimo Yamato/Musashi or Hyuga castings. I will sell too, pm me.

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t430/silentj1/Ywing/IMG_0145_zpsdzqwwipu.jpghttp://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t430/silentj1/Ywing/IMG_0140_zpsopv92ym7.jpghttp://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t430/silentj1/Ywing/IMG_0139_zpsgcfhv3tr.jpghttp://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t430/silentj1/Ywing/IMG_0136_zpsr0imcrtf.jpg

Next up is the Kettenkrad. How many of the track link parts are used across the Y? I *think* 6 and 4, can anyone confirm that or set me straight?

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t430/silentj1/Ywing/IMG_0138_zpszuyrqxwl.jpg
Scott,
just to say thanks for the parts , they arrived today in great condition, and great castings
Brian

After lots of hard work, other honey-doos, and procrastination...Sealab and Kettenkrad.

I'm still looking for Otaki Yamato parts and the Nichimo Hyuga rear plate part in trade. I would also consider trades for real, complete kits that I need if anyone would be willing to work such a trade.

The cranes are cast in Smooth-On Task 2. It seems to be rougher on the molds but is stronger than the 305 I normally use.

DSC07485_zpsdc2m7syq.jpg

DSC07482_zpspm9fxuqq.jpg

Last edited:
do you still have the kettenkrad track parts If so can I lone one to mold it . I will also do a mold for you and some castings I have a pressure pot . I have done many small castings like this . steve

do you still have the kettenkrad track parts If so can I lone one to mold it . I will also do a mold for you and some castings I have a pressure pot . I have done many small castings like this . steve

Steve, I have an original kit with the track link parts in abundance if you want any amount. Can't beat the original plastic. That goes for anyone else who wants some.

Stu

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back