Chewy Holiday Special Robe

PropReplicator2

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
9a9bf1a55c3c3e39f6dbd8932c40637b.jpg

So I have had no time to even kind of begin on my Chewbacca costume for this Halloween, so I'm going to have to take the fast route and try to create the costume from The Holiday Special.

I've spoken back and forth with Tom Spina and we agreed that it looks like a velvet material and the base seam looks like that of a curtain.

The other problem is that there is not much sourced knowledge on the chewy holiday special costume.

Any help here is appreciated very much.

Thanks,
Mike

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reviving an old thread but who cares because it's mine anyways lol. Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be made from? I've looked at JoAnns, Michael's, Hobby lobby, and still haven't found a decent match to the color, texture, OR the width of the Hem. Probably a custom piece...

All help is appreciated,
Mike

Looks like your first guess is right a brushed velvet... perhaps with a wide satin trim on the bottom.

Construction reminds me of an old blanket. The first snug-gee was actually for Wookiees?!

Looks like your first guess is right a brushed velvet... perhaps with a wide satin trim on the bottom.

Construction reminds me of an old blanket. The first snug-gee was actually for Wookiees?!
The first snuggy was for wookies yes lol. I have a brushed fleece blanket that looks kind if like that. I'll measure the hem on that blanket later and compare it to the photo.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back