Stephen King's IT (2017) (Post-release)

Re: New Remake of Stephen King's book IT.

Pennywise the clown will be played by Bill Skarsgard, brother of Alexander (True Blood, Tarzan), and Gustaf (Vikings). Their father is Stellan Skarsgard, a good actor in many great movies. Bill just finished the lead in a 3 Season story Hemlock Grove. From his looks Id say he will be a great Pennywise.

I don't like the new design at all. They've over done it.. the prosthetics are really really poorly done.. I'm looking at you, unibrow.
I think if they had kept it simple and let the creepiness of Bill's face work and accentuate that, it would have made for a much scarier look like this fan made photo here.

IMG_2664.JPG

Instead we get crackles the bad cosplay clown.
IMG_2665.JPG

Funny enough, it seems like Bill agrees as he posted the fan art on his Instagram today.

Last edited:

Please post all the pics you took, would love to see them, the house looks awesome!!

I just thought you might like to see the house. The grass, the sunflowers, the old rickety fence and the house looked like they had been abandoned 25 years ago. Yet they all were built recently. The house was modular and came apart and shipped back when they finished. Pretty slick stuff.

That's a picture you took? Looks like a painting with all the vibrant colors. Got anymore?

I was just going to say the same thing! The way it's painted looks, unnatural, surreal. Hell, maybe that's what they were going for.

I don't like the new design at all. They've over done it.. the prosthetics are really really poorly done.. I'm looking at you, unibrow.
I think if they had kept it simple and let the creepiness of Bill's face work and accentuate that, it would have made for a much scarier look like this fan made photo here.

View attachment 691969

Instead we get crackles the bad cosplay clown.
View attachment 691970

Funny enough, it seems like Bill agrees as he posted the fan art on his Instagram today.

Yea, just can't top this look.

Attachments

• Pennywise-pennywise-14164754-720-540.jpg
    Pennywise-pennywise-14164754-720-540.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 70

Everything you see in the pic is fake. The sidewalk, the hydrant, the fence, the house, the old dead tree, even the sunflowers.
IT House HDR2LR.jpg

King does a hell of better job at finishing stuff than JJ. JJ couldn't write the ending to Cherrios commercial. He would Likley just cut n paste and older 70/80's commercial and call it new.

anyway, the "IT" TV movie wasn't bad for what it was. Curry knocked it out of the park, I guess it was just funnier / weird seeing Judge Harry T Stone, John boy, Jack tripper, never ending story kid, Ginger Snap girl and Seth green fighting a clown

Okay, I just googled this and am absolutely flabbergasted that Atreyu was Boxey!
How did I not know that??

Noah Hathaway was not in "It" ,Boxey is from battlestar....What I am missing?

IT - Am I missing a thread for this???

Cuz the teaser is out, and though I have my reservations on Pennywise himself, this looks GREAT.

Really nailed the Losers' Club (in feel anyway)

I didn't think I would be excited for this, but DAMN.

Last edited by a moderator:

Damn, that looks like it has a lot of promise. I adore the book, and loathe the miniseries movie, so...fingers crossed!

Old school horror, love that traditional scary stuff! Cannot wait for this to release. Maybe I'll stop watching teasers and go in blind to all media besides this, as Logan was, I like how under wraps the production is, it should be damn good going in surprised at the performances

Two observations:

1. The scene with the boat is practically a shot-for-shot remake of the one in the miniseries.

2. Smart move to barely show Pennywise at all and not have him speak. Adds to the menace.

Two observations:

1. The scene with the boat is practically a shot-for-shot remake of the one in the miniseries.

2. Smart move to barely show Pennywise at all and not have him speak. Adds to the menace.

And not to cast Tim Curry. As much as I love Tim Curry as an actor, he couldn't be scary if his life depended on it.

I thought Curry's Pennywise was appropriately scary for a TV miniseries done in the 90s. His Pennywise was more about the "clown" aspect than about the "monster" aspect, and to be fair, I think both are reasonable interpretations, given the source material. If this film is good, it'll accomplish both.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back