Dragonball Super Discussion Thread

KrangPrime

Master Member
Considering it's been a full year since the series started, just in case anyone else has been keeping up with the japanese broadcasts (god I love modern times)...
Here is what we have seen so far.

WARNING: SPOILERS.

A great little introductory episode showing Mr.satan giving his world saving prize money to goku, the one who truly defeated buu.
we had Vegita taking Trunks to an amusement park, to settle a bet made during the Buu Saga.

The First Arc Was a Battle of the Gods Retelling, only slightly different. this time Bulma's party took place on a cruise ship. The Super Saiyan God Formation was a tad different, involving the entire heavens transforming around goku this time. everything else was pretty close to how it was in the movie, only slightly stretched out more.

Filler section: Satan takes down an alien threat (with a great little flashback showing 'Super Saiyan Satan'). Pan is born into the world..Vegita and goku train With Whi's, and unlock Super Saiyan Blue.

REtelling of the Freiza arc. vastly different. the two soldiers whose power level rivals dodoria and zarbon have their roles switched. this time the bull like fighter dies early, and the grey skinned fighter is the more powerful one, having been the one who helped freiza train his body to reach Golden Freiza level. Someone on the japanese staff remembers the Ginyu frog, and we see a breif return of ginyu, who FINALLY dies at he hands of vegita, after he takes control of the grey skinned warriors body.. Jaco is introduced, a one off character from another toriyama comedy manga. not really powerful, but does have enough skill to survive a basic fight with elite freiza soldiers. rest of the fight is pretty much the same as it was in the movie.

The next saga is the universe tournament warmup. It basically showcases the warriors from universe 6 and gives us a taste of all the different fights to come. We are introduced to the Omni King, the king of all, above everyone else. He also has the power to destroy entire UNIVERSES, so EVERYONE is scared of him. apparently there where 27 universes at the start, but omni chan destroyed a whole bunch leaving only 12 left. In this saga, we are also introduced to the saiyans of Universe 6...who, While a little more peacful than the ones of universe 7, ALSO have the ability to go super...AND there is an entire PLANET filled of them. Freiza's Doppleganger of universe 6, Frost, is also introduced. he is only at the power level of Freiza as he was during the namek saga...and pretends to be a good guy, delivering planets from evil (despite having set up that evil in the first place, so he can swoop in to the rescue and 'save' the populace). Finally, the last got of note is the hit man, HIT. who can also control time like the member of the Ginyu Force did.

Universe 7, of course, wins.... The Prize? the newly introduced SUPER Dragonballs, that HAVE no limits, but spread across two universes, making them almost impossible to collect unless you're a god who can travel across both universes. making their use extremely rare, considering the dragon is the size of an entire universe itself.

Filler:
Goku fights evil vegita, a clone made from a super weapon meant to protect a planet of weaker warriors from stronger foes.

Future Trunks Arc- now in progress..

Pilaf and gang have b asically moved in to Capsule Corp, and help out where possible with odd jobs. most notably due to Mai's crush on Trunks.
Introduced to universe Ten's Supreme Kai's, who play a part in the role of the saga's Villain, Code Named Black Goku.

And that is pretty much where we are at after a year.

Anyone else enjoyingthe series?

One of the things I DON'T like is the SSJ God form. Sure,e it's cool... but the Saiyan characters where ALREADY so far ahead of the others that it made the others beyond useless. Now with three new forms in the God level. it's like, why even have the others around?

I do like that the threats are a little less world endangering. this enables them to bring the comedy back more.
having comedy mixed with action makes it really fun.

there is a great moment in the future where living goku meets future Yajirobe that wouldn't have been possible in a darker series :).

well Neil, u know how I feel about this super series...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess we are the only ones :)

My guess on why the future remains unchanged. the immortality protected future zamasu and goku black, and that is why they remain. I STILL think that goku black is a fusion of goku's soul and freiza's personality. he acts more like freiza than anything else.

My guess on why the future remains unchanged. the immortality protected future zamasu and goku black, and that is why they remain. I STILL think that goku black is a fusion of goku's soul and freiza's personality. he acts more like freiza than anything else.
I don't know about that, Trunks mentioned that when the Androids were defeated in the current timeline it didn't change the future timeline. Which would also account for Goku, Gohan, Vegeta and the rest of the Z fighters being dead in Future Trunks' time. I'm thinking Trunks is from an alternate timeline, like how Doc Brown explained the alternate 1985 in BTTF Part 2. The timelines diverged at the point in time Trunks went to after the Frieza saga. Trunks traveling back in time (like Biff to 1955) created an alternate future where all the powerful fighters didn't die (current timeline). Somehow Trunks' timeline wasn't erased in the process. We still don't know how Zamasu learned about Goku, if Goku was dead in that timeline. The origin of Goku Black will be revealed next week, so I guess we'll find out.

I guess we are the only ones :)

is it in english yet?

is it in english yet?

that's the ODDEST thing.

Dragonball Z is Funimations BIGGEST cash cow.

or at least it used to be.

They STILL havn't done the 2008 special yet, and they are waiting forever to announce not only the buu kai but also this series.

IT makes no sense. they should be right on it.

well isnt it also a case of having permission from the creators to do the dub?

True..

but the 2008 special has been out for a long while now. the buu saga kai edition maybe a few years. it usually doesn't take them that long to announce new dragonball, i think.

Crap.

I don't care if they are playing fast and furious with the power levels to the point of rediculousness.

that was an AWESOME Way to end that saga!

English dub in progress. supposedly coming january.

not sure where or if that's right, but that's one date i saw.

No Laura Baily as Kid Trunks and Monica Rail is still bulma. but the original 18 voice is thankfully back. Kai replacement was terrible.

Hopefully original Oolong will be back too.

Caught it last night because my nephews talked about it over Chrimbus. It's been a real long time since I caught Dragonball (not since the end of the Cell saga) and I suppose it was nice to see new DB on the tube again. Although, I do kinda miss the more muted look of traditional cel paints instead of the the bright colors of digital.

Caught it last night because my nephews talked about it over Chrimbus. It's been a real long time since I caught Dragonball (not since the end of the Cell saga) and I suppose it was nice to see new DB on the tube again. Although, I do kinda miss the more muted look of traditional cel paints instead of the the bright colors of digital.

yeah, that was one thing watching it on the big screen last night. the colors where REALLY popping even more than on my pc monitor. while i do miss the cell look, i kind of liked this nice clear image though..

the one new animation trend i don't really like though is non moving texture images. you see it all over the place now. When they fight the giant snake, the snakes 'skin' doesn't move with him. it just stays in place as the snake moves all around. just comes off as lazy :/

LOL... the Japanese moved Dragonball Super's airing time up one hour, so now it comes on right after the english translation.

I wonder if they realized just how big an audience it now has in america thanks to the alternative viewing methods? :)
Some sites even somehow are live streaming the direct feed from japan as it happens.

god i love modern times.

I like the show but I"m still having a little trouble trying to understand the series timeline. The ages of the characters put this before the GT timeline that starts after the Buu saga making the Super series a prequel with a story line that don't mesh with GT.

I like the show but I"m still having a little trouble trying to understand the series timeline. The ages of the characters put this before the GT timeline that starts after the Buu saga making the Super series a prequel with a story line that don't mesh with GT.

gt is history. doesn't count at all :)

except for the stupid poses.. i never minded the great saiyaman.

these last two episodes where rather fun. with a great 'you go videl' moment :) also nice to see she can still fly.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back