Dragonball Super Discussion Thread

I've never cared for Vegeta but you'd think after all this time, and having a family now, Vegeta would just tone it down just a bit and just accept he will be second best to Goku for forever. Just enjoy the day out with your wife and son, who both put up with you **** attitude, stop yelling at them and just eat your ice cream.

but then he wouldn't be the vegita people love or love to hate. he'd be yamcha 2.0 ;o)

he DID look like he was smiling eating the ice cream though ;o)

normally i'd agree, but in this point, remember he got wished back during the Cell games, so he's been alive all this time ;o)

I'm guessing they don't have many warriors that equal Super Saiyan Strength. Piccolo is up to SSJ2 at this point, maybe a little beyond. Gohan is past SSJ3 but not quite Rose or God Levels. 17 and 18 are close to Ultra SS. anyone else barely surpasses teen goku ;o)

Next Time on Dragonball Super, beware smiling foes ;o)

16602862_10154843887035211_5390334497679684736_n.jpg

Maybe it's just me not having seen DBZ in near 20 years, but Super is a lot goofier and light-hearted than what I remember Dragonball to be. Maybe I'm remembering things incorrectly but considering that the current story they're airing on Cartoon Network deals with a deity with enough power to sneeze and 10 planets disappear, it all just feels meaningless. It feels so light that nothing feels like a threat, like there's no drama.

I suppose this is what happens when the show kept escalating from King Piccolo to Frieza, to Cell, and then to Buu (which I couldn't keep track of and fell off at) and then all these tiers with being a Super Saiyan... It just feels superfluous, almost. Maybe that's what the "Super" in Dragonball Super stands for.

it's not a bad way to describe the series.

it does all seem rather superfluous. but i think it all came about because toriyama was annoyed at how bad dragonball evolution was.

this is him just having fun and keeping control of his own idea, i think. i don't think it's meant to be as big and grand as the series was.

i justnoticed this.. at the end of today's super on CN,

Pilaf Pulled a Super Mario 2. He woke up, looked around, and went back to sleep with a sleep bubble :)

had to be intentional

I'd still like to see a story where the human characters gain saiyan DNA and can do all the amazing feats they do. maybe make the SJ characters weaker and the humans have to save the day.

18157502_10155063670870211_3860189264401371148_n.jpg

i know there are not many dragonball fans here, so pardon the spoilers...

i sure hope toriyama isn't teasing adult gohan fans. it'd be nice to see him advance to SSJ3, or SSJ God. I know mystic is supposed to be a bit stronger than SSJ3....but it's it's own thing..

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back