Dragoncon 2017

So, after ton's of people keep telling me I look like a certain someone. Loki, I think I'm finally going to do it...Now to choose which version and which movie for the outfit, maybe avengers or maybe I should do the one that's coming out this year? What do you all think?

I'm Attending the Meetup!

I plan on being in Fallout vault suit/combat armor with any luck I'll finish considering i just started on it this week.

I have added your name to the attending list on the front 1st page. If you would like a custom RPF badge to be made it will be a donation of $2.00 dollars. Please let us know if you would like one, We can't wait to meet you. Please check back closer to the event for more updates.

Last edited:
Reminder we are having a meet up, if your name is not on this list, and you plan on attending the meet let us know that you are going to be attending...

Simply say: "I'm attending the meetup".

If things change and your unable to attend just send me a message to let me know to remove your name off the attending list...thanks...

Attendees:
HelenaInvictus - Avatar
Ichiruka -
No Avatar
Inquisitor Pergrinus - Avatar

JamesBryan - Avatar
MatrixSpoon - Avatar
max headroom - Avatar

Parkersandquinn - Avatar
Vader1 - Avatar

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm posting roughly weekly or bi-weekly reports on my costume build in the DC / Alex Danvers (from Supergirl) thread. The base costume is 100% useable, but the fancy stuff hasn't hit the 3D printer yet. I'm feeling confident & having a lot of fun working on a costume again. I didn't do any costume work at all after Dragon Con last year than until I started this one about a month ago. Really loving Fusion360 and the challenges & rewards of 3D parametric CAD.

My travel schedule is still open, but I'll probably start making some inquiries at work to figure out what my travel schedule will be around that time. Once those are settled, I'll be able to tell if I can make the meeting or not. Everyone else at work tends to plan their travels just weeks before each trip, so they think I'm nuts making plans 3-4 months in advance.

P.S. I have a DJI Mavic drone now...fantastic for photoshoots, but I suspect bringing it to DragonCon might be troublesome (beyond just the FAA registration in order to fly it in the US). Obviously no indoors flying in the hotels as that's against the convention rules. So, I'll probably just leave it home.

Last edited:
100 days. Holy cow I'm in trouble. I've got too many started. Need to finish up one and move on. Stephanie's 2 new ones are laid out but no patterning and sewing has begun. Oh boy I need to get a move on. Tiga looking forward to seeing you version of Alex. I'm sure it will be top shelf again just like your black widow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm attending the meetup

Flights confirmed. I will be arriving late on Wednesday, just like last year, but staying until Monday afternoon (unlike last year). Let me know how the $2 donation works (PayPal?).

More parts arrived yesterday for Stephanie's new costumes. Lots of sewing ahead. IMG_4578.JPG
And slowly making progress on the blaster rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm attending the meetup

Flights confirmed. I will be arriving late on Wednesday, just like last year, but staying until Monday afternoon (unlike last year). Let me know how the $2 donation works (PayPal?).

I have added your name to the attending list on the front 1st page. We can't wait to see you again, glad to hear that your able to make it. Please check back closer to the event for more updates.

Reminder we are having a meet up, if your name is not on this list, and you plan on attending the meet let us know that you are going to be attending...

If things change and your unable to attend just send me a message to let me know to remove your name off the attending list...thanks...

Attendees:
HelenaInvictus - Avatar
Ichiruka -
No Avatar

JamesBryan - Avatar
MatrixSpoon - Avatar
max headroom - Avatar

Parkersandquinn - Avatar
tiga - Avatar
Vader1 - Avatar

I won't be able to make the meetup on Thursday, but I look forward to bumping into some of you at con!
This year (and the last two), I've cosplayed as every Doctor (Doctor Who) at once. If you see me, feel free to come say hi!
11144468_795176120602044_7034605744269221371_o.jpg 12006681_795176063935383_7364195139969639792_o.jpg

I am also planning to cosplay as a gender-bent Doctor Strange if I can pull the costume together in time. I'm looking forward to that costume being way less overheating than all the Doctor Who layers. I'm going with the movie cape and vest and arm wraps, but then also capri leggings, sandals, leg-wraps similar to the arm wraps, and no long-sleeve undershirt. I'll post a picture if I can finish it!

I'm in this year. Yay! Who do I PayPal for the badge? Also, did I miss the time of the meetup? I see the usual place, but...

Oh, and I think I'll change my avatar...hm...

I won't be able to make the meetup on Thursday, but I look forward to bumping into some of you at con!
This year (and the last two), I've cosplayed as every Doctor (Doctor Who) at once. If you see me, feel free to come say hi!
View attachment 740855 View attachment 740856

I am also planning to cosplay as a gender-bent Doctor Strange if I can pull the costume together in time. I'm looking forward to that costume being way less overheating than all the Doctor Who layers. I'm going with the movie cape and vest and arm wraps, but then also capri leggings, sandals, leg-wraps similar to the arm wraps, and no long-sleeve undershirt. I'll post a picture if I can finish it!

Sorry to hear that you can't make the meetup, we will be on the look out for you along with all the other great cosplayers.

I'm in this year. Yay! Who do I PayPal for the badge? Also, did I miss the time of the meetup? I see the usual place, but...

Oh, and I think I'll change my avatar...hm...

Sweet, glad to hear. I have added your name to the attending list. The meet up time we usually post closer to the con. We can't wait to see you...

Attendees:
HelenaInvictus - Avatar
Ichiruka -
No Avatar
Jackwabbit - Avatar
JamesBryan - Avatar
MatrixSpoon - Avatar
max headroom - Avatar

Parkersandquinn - Avatar
tiga - Avatar
Vader1 - Avatar

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back