Blade Runner Pistol Display Case

Kokanee

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've recently completed a Coyle WorldCon Blade Runner M2019 pistol replica, and need a way to display it. I've settled on a case type of display, something that looks like it comes from Steyr with the pistol and has been carried around quite a bit. Here I'll document steps as I go, utilizing off the shelf components as much as possible to save time etc.

Today while waiting for my case to arrive, I made an ammo box for the display utilizing a toothpick box flipped inside out and some stickers I made up and printed;

0 (1).jpg

Same here. I just got a Tomenosuke BR pistol and I'm thinking a case as the way to go as well. Eager to see what you come up with.

does anyone have just a printable (paper or cardstock) source for the ennis brown tile? i'm thinking about just putting mine in a commercially available shadowbox, but it needs a background.

I like it! Now questions!

Is that a box from Michaels?

Are you just stenciling it and staining it darker?

How did you go about making the liner?

I want to make one as well, could use some pointers...

I like it! Now questions!

Is that a box from Michaels?

Are you just stenciling it and staining it darker?

How did you go about making the liner?

I want to make one as well, could use some pointers...

Oh good another Canuck, I can give you good pointers then as the sources will be the same for you!

I used this box from Amazon https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000YQEMHW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used my vinyl plotter to cut a stencil, sprayed with Krylon Camo Black (dries super quick) from Canadian Tire, then stained over it using Minwax stain... "Provincial" colour.

For the liner I picked up some playroom foam mat squares from Walmart, and cut them in layers to fill out the case. Then I covered them in grey felt from Micheals using a hot glue gun. You'll need one layer for the top, and three layers for the bottom... I can post a picture of the empty case sans pistol if you like.

I can also post high res copies of all the art I created for this so you can duplicate the owner's manual and ammo box etc...

I'll grab it on Tuesday and post up then, as I left the art on a stick at work.

Just an FYI, I've asked for my post with the ammo box art to be deleted as it's too close to another design; I have to ask the community's forgiveness I have a new infant at home and being a bit sleep deprived I copied Brandomack's design without even thinking about it. I will create my own original design and upload for sharing

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back