New Revell Imperial Star Destroyer kit?

I saw $14.99 and was tempted. It's only fifteen bucks, after all. But then I see those "landing gear" and the sound holes and I think, "In my limited time building kits, do I really want to spend my time fixing those? And do I need this on my overcrowded shelf when I know a Z-SD or (saying a little prayer) a Bandai will be there soon anyway?" It's a good deal, but I gotta pass. I do look forward to seeing what people do with this kit. The right inspiration has convinced me to buy far lesser kits, so who knows.

I pulled the trigger as well at $15. Be here Monday.

Fiber optics, ditch the blue engine lights, add new lights all around, putty and fill play features...

I pulled the trigger as well at $15. Be here Monday.

Fiber optics, ditch the blue engine lights, add new lights all around, putty and fill play features...

I received mine today. At that price I don't think you will be disappointed. I didn't have time to really look at it all but it is very comparable in size to the Moebius classic Galactica. It's just a little shorter. The panel lines seem very light, but again, it was a quick look at lunch.

I bought mine at TRU late last month, $25 with my employee discount. There are a few gripes I have about it, namely the lack of normal stand and resulting flaps (I ended up using an old Revell U-Boat stand I had laying around), and that it's an Imperial II-class when all the Star Destroyers I've seen thus far in "Rogue One" are Imperial I-class.

Other than that, I am extremely happy with my Star Destroyer:
isKjJR1.jpg1ANg99h.jpgAClPHvd.jpgKPvAeaX.jpg
6vMZoDV.jpgBL4uApE.jpgfbXIcoF.jpgn4dYnsu.jpg

lcVjWpI.jpg

I'd like to build this kit, but I could never get past the canyon sized gridlines, narrow side trench, and soft detailed shield domes.

Hey, I think I've found evidence for where Revell may have gotten their digital asset for their star destroyer. Check out the width of the bridge module in this TFA screenshot. It's definitely wider than the superstructure below it. Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens.mkv_snapshot_00.33.48_2016.03.25_15.23.11.jpg Make you own jokes about whether Revell based their model on a space wreck. :p

I just checked and the kit is $29 now. Guess just in time for the holidays.
Can you tell me if the snap models are good or very toy like?

Been a long time since I've logged in, but I got this kit and found this thread, so I have a question, how would you fix the side trenches? Would you completely remove the ones supplied?

Been a long time since I've logged in, but I got this kit and found this thread, so I have a question, how would you fix the side trenches? Would you completely remove the ones supplied?

Gundamhead over at the Starship Modeler forum shared his method, which was to add styrene strips. This is the method I am using. Here are his photos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/19951055@N07/sets/72157677103438666

If you wanted to replace them, you would have to cut the old ones off, as they are molded into the top and bottom hulls (one side on each).

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back