Percival Grave's wand from Fantastic Beasts

For putting the wire inside, I once made a couple wands with actual cores, including a thin feather and a silver thread to simulate a unicorn hair. I cut grooves into two sides of wood, and glued them together with wood glue, leaving a thin channel down the center. Worked pretty well, maybe worth trying!

Late to the party here but can I ask what the Art Deco top piece you used on the wand was originally? I actually like the look of it better than the "official" top and was thinking about hunting for something similar.

Late to the party here but can I ask what the Art Deco top piece you used on the wand was originally? I actually like the look of it better than the "official" top and was thinking about hunting for something similar.

attachment.php

Although it has standard lamp thread size 1/4-27, I found that the thread pitch was sloppy enough to accommodate 1/4-24 UNF.

ATL

Attachments

• Art Deco Finial.JPG
    Art Deco Finial.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 438
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back