The Get Down - Netflix Series

Fawbish

Sr Member
Late 70's music drama set in the Bronx, with some (so far) interesting direction and story beats, and super engaging storylines. Great cast so far too. Only two episodes in though! It manages to impart a lot of story in the time on screen which I think is awesome. It keeps moving fast and still gets the emotion in there.

Anyone caught any of this yet?

As a 27 year old british guy who hasn't ever really been into hip hop and certainly not super familiar with late 70's music (though of course I recognise quite a lot of the tracks in the soundtrack) it's absolutely great. I feel like I'm discovering a lot that I didn't know even if it's fictional, it feels (to me) like its properly solid internally. The sets and stuff are great, and it feels like a properly lived in world.

I especially enjoy the wordsmith, and it's encouraged me to start looking up some of the lyrics he writes/voice overs. Highly recommend so far :thumbsup

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back