San Jose 2018 has Won the Bid for Worldcon76...

Luuke

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yep. That's right. A little over a week ago San Jose was chosen to be the site for Worldcon76 in 2018. As the Art Director/Graphic Designer for the convention I'm excited to be a part of this incredible group of people. It was not a run-away vote either. Out of over 1300 votes we only won by about 80 votes. That was close. But we are ready to make this happen and make this a Worldcon no one will forget. If you want more information on our convention you can go to www.worldcon76.org

I had a lot of fun when it was near me. Lots of costumers, all levels of experience, to talk to and hang out with.

But it was heavily literature oriented. There isn't a lot there for someone who wants a San Diego kind of convention.

Here's who I met at worldcon a couple
of weeks ago...
image.jpeg

I had a lot of fun when it was near me. Lots of costumers, all levels of experience, to talk to and hang out with.

But it was heavily literature oriented. There isn't a lot there for someone who wants a San Diego kind of convention.

qft and to paraphrase: WCs, like most Cons, are definitely not a SDCC/DC/whereverComicCon type affair, thank zods. For those interested: the chair for WC76 has run a costumeCon, as well as chaired, hosted, supported, kicked upside the head a number of other events in which costuming in and around his effort was 'the thing'. So, means that if costuming is _your_ thing, you'll want to be there. (WorldCon, CostumeCon, Anime LA, WesterCon and more... and he runs/emcees/advises fantastic masquerades). I've seen excellent costumes over 35 years of this madness, but until you've run up against some of the master class folks who are on stage for the WC masquerade....

He's got a good group around him, always smart.

There's a lot more to this group than is seen in the bid and site page so far, and much more to lit cons than ugh media cons; the initial guest list is great, and given the location and those wide ranging interests of the concom and their experience across all manner of fandom/real science, it will be one to remember.

Special membership discount till the end of this month. Also, check out our special guests.
WC76FBPromo01.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back