Evangelion: Another Impact (Confidential)

Father

Sr Member
Instead of giving us garbage like Pacific Rim why won't they finally make this or the actual Evangelion series a full length movie.

Wiki Details

Evangelion: Another Impact
is the anime short number 12 from the Japan Animator Expo, a collaboration between the Khara studio and the media company Dwango. A secondary short (20B) named "(Making of)evangelion: Another Impact" shows the process of creation and animation behind the original short
The website of the project describes the plot as follows :
"Another time, another place. An activation test of a decisive weapon was underway. With its development and operational trials shrouded in complete secrecy, the Another Number - Unit Null, suddenly breaks free of human control and goes berserk. For what purpose was Another Number - Unit Null created? The story of an Evangelion's activation, rampage and howling in another world."
The anime short can be seen on the official website of the project

Last edited by a moderator:
Have they finished putting out the movies they were doing? I have the first two but amazon kept having issues with movie 3 and i never heard if the last of them was released over there. It was an improvement over the series version even if they did add a few new characters. You know as soon as any Western studio gets their hand on this to do live action it'd end up a turd right?

I'll have to see if amazon as 3.33 at a reasonable price. I remember everyone in art school falling over themselves to get fansubs of the original cartoon back in 1998 or so then it went on sale, surprisingly enough it was huge enough the company releasing it then actually had a booth at the Pittsburgh Comicon.

James Cameron was supposed to do this years ago. He even bought the rights.
Personally, I'm more interested in seeing a live-action "Appleseed".
I wonder why that hasn't happened yet?

It was an improvement over the series version even if they did add a few new characters.

You know as soon as any Western studio gets their hand on this to do live action it'd end up a turd right?

I can't decide if I like how they did the angels in computer animation... it's kind of weird. I haven't watched the original series in ages. I owned a DVD box set back in 2000.

I think with the right people it could be done right. Anything would be better than Pacific Rim.

James Cameron was supposed to do this years ago. He even bought the rights.

As awesome as Cameron is I feel like he would mess with it. The Evas would time-travel and be made of Unobtainium.

Yeah I have the box set from ADV when they re-recorded everything after buying it from Manga, that's a very odd situation as the Ghost in the shell stuff is half manga entertainment and half whoever dubs it now too. I still like the ending where it was all a dream and he wakes up to a normal life, that would make for an entertaining show itself i think for a while.

IIRC, Weta was working on the concept art for the live action movie. Frankly there's very little I'd change, design-wise, but if I was gonna trust anyone outside of Gainax, it'd be Weta.

I remember buying a tape of episode 1 & 2 around 2000 or just before... Dunno if I have any on DVD...

Attachments

• weta_eva3.jpg
    weta_eva3.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 61
  • weta_eva4.jpg
    weta_eva4.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 45
  • weta_eva6.jpg
    weta_eva6.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 49
  • weta_eva8.jpg
    weta_eva8.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 46
  • weta_eva9.jpg
    weta_eva9.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 50
  • weta_eva11.jpg
    weta_eva11.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 134
  • weta_eva12.jpg
    weta_eva12.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 50
  • weta_eva26.jpg
    weta_eva26.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 44
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back