John Wick Coins

Hey everyone!

About 9 months ago Ultraman sold some John Wick gold coins made with the help of Jintosh and all the comunity who provided information. Since a lot of people were up for a second run and the second film will come out soon I was wondering if someone was willing to restart the project. Maybe Ultraman would want to take the lead once again? Some new information have emerged since.

CQLFtceWcAIeLhF.jpg
No more blurry screenshot from the movie, an HD version right here. Maybe we could make a more detail coin? Even though I doubt the dificulty was finding HD image more than printing HD coins.

CQLFtcnWgAAycOB.jpg

CPCzia7U8AQ2N0y.jpg
They sell those on Amazon but they are expensive. https://www.amazon.com/JOHN-Token-assassin-replica-krugerrand/dp/B01FJTCH34

Let me know your thought on the project.

TheBigBang914

I can see several things wrong with these coins. Including, but not limited to, the rays behind the lion are RAISED not engraved.

This is just somebody else's coin, it's not movie accurate.

I can see several things wrong with these coins. Including, but not limited to, the rays behind the lion are RAISED not engraved.

This is just somebody else's coin, it's not movie accurate.

I wasn't aware of the inaccuracies, sorry for the bad info.

I know there is some good images from the new film but I don't think I saw them in the trailer. (I'm not even sure if I saw them in the film, it was before the premiere) I'm gonna do some digging.

No problem. I think they deliberately don't show good images of the coin. ;)

There are some good points about the coin above....I'll see what the coin company comes up with.

Just saw John Wick 2 for a second time. There is some good shot.

I think the pictures I was talking about earlier came from someone working on the set but I can't seem to find it.

you probably already saw the movie but here is were I saw the best shot of the coin.

Spoilers Alert!
Good close-up, a little blured in the "intro" where you can also see the marker.
The scene where Winston is checking the new fabricated coins before putting them in circulation is a really good shot. They actually look 3D printed in that scene because you can see horizontal lines like the one you printed in the early testing.

Just saw John Wick 2 for a second time. There is some good shot.

I think the pictures I was talking about earlier came from someone working on the set but I can't seem to find it.

you probably already saw the movie but here is were I saw the best shot of the coin.

Spoilers Alert!
Good close-up, a little blured in the "intro" where you can also see the marker.
The scene where Winston is checking the new fabricated coins before putting them in circulation is a really good shot. They actually look 3D printed in that scene because you can see horizontal lines like the one you printed in the early testing.

Saw that too with the print lines!

Then he's signing off on them and I'm thinking "no one could have sanded those down before production?!"

Same as the Amazon coin.

I am a great fan of "The Lost Room" miniseries. And they released a PRESS KIT before the series with a KEY in it. And the whole series centers around the magical motel room key.

But I have pics of the Actual prop key owned by the writer of the series. And the key in the press kit isn't even close. Sometimes, things just don't match the actual prop. :wacko

The angel devil edition of the first movie apperently came with a coin.

Is it sold by the movie distributor? If so, weird that they would sell something inaccurate. I would understand though if it was sold by a third party who acquired a liscence to distributed their brand.

Last edited:
Im not 100% sure. It seems places like India got this release so it's possible the coin was made 3rd part and this goin was then recast for the amazon one?

Pretty sure that coins was made specifically for the invitation because It doesn't look like the one used in the film. The surface is mostly flat on the original.

Still nice receiving this from the director though.

Wick Coin 3.jpg

Here's a screen cap. You can see the rays on the shield are clearly raised.
But look very closely at the lines around the lion and OUTSIDE of the shield.
I see these as NOT RAISED. The detail looks engraved into the surface of the coin.
The outside rays look NOTHING like the rays on the Amazon coin.
But are there differing opinions ?
Are the OUTSIDE rays raised instead of engraved? I can see how I could be wrong. But I think if the rays were raised, they would look like the Amazon coin and they don't.

True, the rays looks engraved. I started this thread last summer before the second movie but now with the new images I can clearly see the difference (and I didn't make much research before posting when I found those). The texture on the flat part of the Amazon coin is grainy and the rays are different wich is not like the original. There is probably more inaccurate details.

Yes, there are other differences. On my screen cap, you can see the stomach area of the lion is level or nearly level with the surface of the coin, and the area around the body is raised like a rim.

But on the Amazon coin, the entire body is raised to a high level. It is just very different.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back