Anovos not giving refunds only store credit

This is a good way to alienate customers and forum members if the owners is on the forum. I never preorder from a company that doesn't offer a refund or charges me before the item ships.

The ST Updates page says "Beyond Hand Phaser Kit: Discontinued due to lack of interest. Customers will be contacted.".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Maybe people aren't cancelling because they still want the product. The only products I am aware of being cancelled were done pretty soon after the pre-order started. I doubt products ordered over a year or two ago will be cancelled. By that point the products are being developed.

The policy of only allowing store credit when Anovos cancels a product isn't good. They should at least offer to give a refund and possibly a store credit with some kind of bonus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Just keep dining on whatever Anovos says and ask for more...

Why people aren't pulling their money is beyond me.

I took a chance on an unknown company called anovos and pre ordered a darth vader kit.

That was 2 Plus years ago.

At this point, it's going to be my stubborness that sticks it out. I had to bust my butt to save up $2,000's, so the product BETTER be either quality, or close enough to quality that it would require few alterations to be screen accurate.

However, seeing as how even my 3P0 kit didn't even take this long, and that was one guy doing it custom, not a full blown company....

I am NEVER ordering another anovos product again. at least on pre order. have it in stock with actual photographic product available....or not sale.

Time to get tough on these supposed hi end prop companies. 2 years is too long a wait for anything.

BTW, I suggest we start pestering lucasfilm and disney and the people who hand out these licensees. maybe we can make enough fuss to finally get a STRAIGHT answer on why the darth vader isn't shipping and put enough pressure on anovos to finally deliver.

want to play that way? we can play that way.

So far I've gotten several Trek uniforms and a TFA helmet. I've done a few exchanges as well as a refund) and while there have been delays of a few months in a couple cases when it comes to products being completed, and the response time to queries isn't always fast, they have done right by me so far in all my dealings with them.

I don't know why I've gotten good service when others report otherwise, but there are lots of possible reasons, like perhaps they are expanding just a tad too much in too short a time with all the Star Wars stuff and not being able to cover all the bases, resulting in things like miscommunication. Add to the fact that a lot of these items are "firsts" for Anovos in terms of bringing a specific type of item to market.

If you read some of Steve D's old stories about Master Replicas and manufacturing in China, you'll discover that sometimes it can be a nightmare, and some companies (especially in the games industry where I work) have a tendency to put the lid on and just plow forward when delays arise, thinking (perhaps mistakenly) that any communication is likely to raise more questions that customers demand be answered and resulting in even more pitch forks being brandished, taking even more time from actually fixing the issues. If a small company like Anovos runs into problems with a big factory, it will likely take a longer to sort out, because they have less leverage to push with and the big factories don't always give a crap about you unless you have enough clout to jeopardize their very existence.

That obviously doesn't make it less frustrating when you've put in a pre-order and have hundreds of dollars hanging, (and a two-year wait sounds extreme for that Vader suit), but it might be why everything isn't running smoothly, if I were to speculate wildly. With that said, canceled items should absolutely be given a full refund if requested though. I've found that they are fairly quick to respond on the website chat, so maybe it's easiest to try them there. Based on my own dealings with them, I do believe they'll sort things out in the end, even if they're stumbling a bit at the moment. Just my two cents, for what they're worth.

Very shady move by ANOVOS. I'm thankful I don't have anything pre-ordered from them because if I did I'd be extremely nervous about their ability to deliver or being able to get my money back. They are edging closer to eFx every day it seems which is a damn shame because when they announced the SW license I had high hopes for what they would be able to produce.

I don't know why I've gotten good service when others report otherwise, but there are lots of possible reasons, like perhaps they are expanding just a tad too much in too short a time with all the Star Wars stuff and not being able to cover all the bases, resulting in things like miscommunication. Add to the fact that a lot of these items are "firsts" for Anovos in terms of bringing a specific type of item to market. .

I'd like to think this is the case. they are focusing so much on expanding and gaining new licenses like ghostbusters, that they don't take the time to get what they announced out in a timely manner and use excuse after excuse.

this is why I think we need to put some pressure on whoever gives out the star wars license to these companies. maybe it will get anovos to slow down a little and improve their game if there is a chance they could loose a big official contract.

there has to be a way for customers to fight back against shadieness...

what I don't get is, does this company make most of it's money on pre orders? if they have limited product available for instant purchase, I wonder if they rely soley on these pre orders after pre orders in order to survive the first few years. looking at their website, it's amazing how much of it is still on pre-order, or sold out on pre- order. pretty big commitment considering how expensive some of it is

The only items I have ordered from them were their ready to ship products (a few Star Trek items) and they came in just fine. I couldn't bring myself to pre-order anything. I have been screwed over way too many times pre-ordering from companies. Even when items show up, if it is 1-3 years later, you lose interest...

First eFX, now Anovos... this hobby has turned into the nightmare from hell, run by a group of "fans" that have zero business acumen.

A friend asked if I'd prefer no one doing these sorts of collectibles, and in honesty, I'm now at the point where I would. The last 10 years have been nothing but broken promises, "dangling" products that never get released, and abhorrent customer service.

Very sad time to be a collector...

First eFX, now Anovos... this hobby has turned into the nightmare from hell, run by a group of "fans" that have zero business acumen.

A friend asked if I'd prefer no one doing these sorts of collectibles, and in honesty, I'm now at the point where I would. The last 10 years have been nothing but broken promises, "dangling" products that never get released, and abhorrent customer service.

Very sad time to be a collector...

Unfortunately I have to agree on most points. I'll add just this: very sad time to be a licensed collector... because for unlicensed there is RPF and the talented makers out there

Never could afford an Anovos product. Most of the time I pinch pennies for RPF runs anyway. I'll stick to the Junkyard and Project Run sections for my unlicensed collecting needs.

I'm keeping an eye on this too.. I have a cancellation/refund that's been open for several weeks. I filled out their 6 page refund form and haven't gotten an update on my Support case since.

Hey All,

I have had nothing but a good experience with Anovos. I have their TK kit and it was delivered right when they said it would be. My Vader helmet has taken extra time. I pre-ordered Kylo Ren Ensemble and the standard edition helmet. I cancelled and received full refund for the Kylo Ren Ensemble (after already paying full price!). And they cancelled the Ren Standard Helmet. At that point they offered me my choice of full refund or store credit (plus 10%!). I went with the full credit.

Both times I cancelled I used their chat feature. Both times, the chat agent was professional, friendly, and made sure I was set before we ended the chat. In any case, not sure what happened with this particular case, but my guess is that if the person spoke with Anovos, they would get a full refund. That has been my experience at least. I'll report otherwise if I get screwed. I currently am still waiting for my Vader helmet (which they say is shipping this quarter) and my FOTK which is also supposed to ship this quarter.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back