post images/info about Mk3 No1 grenade here

I looked at doing cheap casts in pewter. Probably would have been around $75 or so each, but there wasn't enough interest to be able to go with it.

I was just curious. I do have a full foundry at my disposal, these could be cast in aluminum for very little. Aluminum would cost $40-$50.

Hez--another great idea, too bad it didn't fly.

Darkside--Dave Sciacca is probably still offering his brass castings, maybe start a new thread asking for info. if you don't find it w/ a Google search?

Many replicas of varying degrees of accuracy have been done. IMO the best to date will be Chen's run of machined replicas, which although delayed should be being received soon. See the thread which is still up.

All--please see my post above for updated picture credits.

Jamie, if you want to give it a go, let me know...I would consider loaning my grenade out for a favourable deal on the castings.

Hez, it wouldn't hurt a thing to SEE what it would take exactly I am confident about the low costs. A good casting is just as good as the real thing after all. I am positive we could work out an amicable arrangement between us
icon_smile.gif

But any more do people here even "BUILD" props these days?
ohwell.gif

I don't have your email address Hez, send it to me will you? jfmail@adams.net

The second grenade in the top photo posted by Scarfman (from "Inert.org) looks pretty damn close to the one used on the actual saber...

The groove on the windvane cover looks right, the lengthwise grooves on the grenade look pretty symetrical (although I cant be sure from that angle) and the toring on the grenade comes to point rather than a cut off edge..

DS--I agree about the vane, I think that's pretty much the same profile as Chen's.

About the frag body though, I think we're just seeing it from the 'straight' side. EJ has pics on that site showing how much of a difference that can make (possibly of this very grenade). 'Straight' groove-ends (symmetrical ones) will look slightly curved from both angles.

Edit: Yes, here it is. Again this is from EJ's Inert-ord site, in the password section. It's intended to explain a confusion EJ apparently ran into w/ some SW fans about there being 'straight' and 'curved' versions of the grenade, resulting from viewing the asymmetry of the lengthwise grooves from different angles. Funny how things work out...
icon_smile.gif

No3comprotate.jpg

Note: The left grenade with the 'correct' style vane is also the one EJ points out as having an unusual variation of frag body with small frag segments due to the lathed grooves having an unusually wide angle. EJ speculated that the resulting reduction in weight possibly served to increase the effective range.

Bump

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back