Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Wes R

Legendary Member
Anyone else playing it? So far it's really good, i'm about six hours in and just finally did my second main story mission. It looks good and has more dialogue but the one thing i'm not too keen on is the revamped hacking setup. Now even a level one can be tough to hack and I can't say i'm keen on having to register with square to get my preorder items (which i still haven't found in game) nor the fact that they hid items in the game that you can only access using a smart phone app which i can't run.

I've heard there are a ton of bugs in the PC version. I'm just going to wait for a Steam sale because I've got a ton of stuff I haven't played yet from the last one.

Got the PS4 version coming in the mail. Gonna do a playthrough of Director's Cut on the PS3 before I get to playing through this one.

Yeah I grabbed the PS3 version of the director's cut cheap too. Here's a glitch in the new one: at one point they're going to have you talk to a shrink and she will give you that anti-rejection drug and then send you to the next mission BUT you can apparently keep talking to her and getting more of the drug repeatedly. I walked into her office twice and got the stuff, there's tons laying around hidden in places you can hack, so it's a nice way to get some quick as some folks want it for barter and the stuff sells at 1000.00 a bottle. I had to laugh that the playstation store is selling credits for real money, I can see buying praxis kits as those are important but I racked up 50 grand from selling booze and guns i picked up and credit chips. There's no shortage of credits in the game to justify buying them.
I'm still exploring prague and doing any little missions, they have new ones called points of interests on top of side missions, these are usually just little quick things like investigating an interesting spot but can lead to side quests. I do wish they hadn't made every gun dealer in the game a jerk, the one got mad a time and i had to put him down lol.

Edit: just hit my first glitch issues all involving one seller: the shopping menu froze and then the cut scene did too but then they were okay.

Edit 2: So when you come back from a trip all the vendors are reset as if it's your very first convo with them, kind of annoying, and I've noticed that parts of the game seem to be missing info as if i didn't find something i was meant to and it assumes I did. Also i ran into someone i failed to help in one place then suddenly later in the game she's back where she belonged as if I had helped her. It's very weird as if doing things out of order confuses the game.

Last edited:
Im gonna get it and the new Doom game when I go on my extended trip to the Middle East next month. Deus EX wsa one of my favorite games of all time. Cant wait the suti up and be immersed in that universe again.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back