Would you recommand UD Replicas for a TDK Suit? Which Cowl?

Shimo

Hello Folks

I'm planing to add a Nolan TDK Suit to my Cosplay Assemble. Hells Kitchen don't produce his suit anymore, so i thought maybe ud replicas is a good alternative.
Can you recommand that Suit? Or are there better alternatives? I want it as accurate as possible.

which would be the best choice for a cowl?

many thanks for your time and help!

with Kind regards

Yes I would recommend them. They're the only reliable vendor out there at the moment offering a quality suit. While it's not 100% movie accurate it is very practical so for example you should be able to kneel down which is near impossible in the HK suit
Regarding the cowl, coofunkcurly on here does one and his work is the best in the world IMO. I know other guys who are really happy with cowls they bought from ebay. These 2 in particular:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301988630539?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/232043890284
Also Kris from HK might still be doing the cowl It would be worth asking him.

I absolutely agree with batman 101. I have had the full UD Tdk suit for years, and I absolutely love it. It is extremely durable, and looks incredible.

Gauntletfx, and icconic collectibles here on the rpf make extremely high quality cowls. And yes, Kris at HK may very well be doing Tdk style cowls still.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask away. Call in to David at UD with measurements so that he can recommend the best sizes for you.

Thank you so much for your Feedback? Are there also known and good "cowl-maker" in Europe?

Are there major differences between the TDK and TDKR Suit?

For UD, they had a Tdk suit. Then they updated a few things about it (including their chest plate) and called it their UD tdkr suit.

The movie suits are pretty much the same between the film's Tdk and Tdkr. Their may have been slightly different rubber tint coloring perhaps.

I'm not familiar with anyone who does the cowl in Europe. I'm sure there is somebody who does make one. But I know that Gauntletfx and iconic collectibles both are willing to ship there. It would be worth it to go with either one of them for their top notch quality, service, and piece of mind.

I believe that the Gauntletfx cowl is a little bit bigger than the iconic collectibles cowl. So depending on your head size, that might help you choose who you go through for that.

thanks for the Info - i think a UD TDKR Suit would be great then.

For iconic collectibles - can i find them under Iconic-FX on Facebook?

I've got the megaprime cowl. Not that I'm an experienced Dark Knight costumer, but I think it's pretty good. Also go the UD TDKR jacket in the closet and pants on order...

That applied sciences kit would be nice. Quite a bit more pricey though I think

Yes I changed the name to Iconic FX. I started Iconic Collectibles when I was going to open a retail store some time back. It just didnt make sense to me to keep calling it Iconic Collectibles when I wasnt dealing in collectibles anymore.
As far as the TDK cowl, yes I make them. I am on my third or fourth mold since I started back in 2008 with them. Also I ship all the time to the UK and typical turnaround time is 2 weeks.
Also the UD suit is IMO the best option right now. I have had two of them myself.

Hey,

i got in contact with Kris from applied Sciences- a very kind guy! Can anyone recommand him and his work? What about a GothamCity FX Suit? Any good Feedback for this prop makers?

Unfortunately I cannot recommend Kris. His TDK suit is already 1 year late (he was supposed to ship out his first TDK suits in August 2015). Also the TDK suit is very complicated to cast so his first few suits are bound to be very rough until he figures everything out. I haven't seen any examples of his carbon fibre pieces yet. There are just to many unknowns there for me.
Gotham city fx is an option but their suit is not great looking. The shoulders & chest in particular look very warped. Also their carbon fibre inserts look terrible.

I'm sorry to say that, but Applied Sciences Division is the most talented TDK replicator today, he is the new Hells Kitchen and maybe better because he has upgraded the whole suit by 3D technologies, nothing to do with GCFX suits (verry bad finish due to old molds).

Really devoted to his work and paying attention to all details on the suit like the right color (not black not grey but in the middle of them).

Before to talk about people that you dont know and you had never bought anything from them, be fairplay and dont say anything.

I know ASD products and they are awesome.

I would definitely recommend Kris from Applied Science Division. He made me a battle damaged DOJ emblem and Grapple Gun. Both where very clean casts and was a fast turnaround.

I've seen pictures of his Nolan Dark Knight Suit and must admit I'm very impressed with the finish to the pieces and cuts also look very clean and professional looking. But if your worried at all about turnaround on a suit from him then have a chat with him and ask how long it will take to have ready for you etc. And make a deal prior to you receiving the suit... i.e both agree as to when you should have it received etc... I'm pretty confident he will pull through for you as he sells lots of different props and has his name and feedback to obtain so can't see there being any problems.

For extra peace of mind as I know a Dark Knight Suit is very expensive to put together and you want the best possible suit. I'd ask Kris and maybe another vendor you where considering to send you a small sample of the materials used to build their suits... I.e a small square section of urethane of final colours of suit... I know Kris was posting pictures on his Facebook page of colour tests to best match the movie suit so that to me alone is a plus if I where buying a suit from him as shows he is paying attention to details.

But again this is only my two cents and you will know in your heart which is best suit for you. Wish you all the best on your build :)

I can definitely recommend kris at applied science. Picked up the resin belt tdk kit last year. Very little trim work, just some light sanding and it was ready to assemble. I added some hardware to make it more like the movie belt and attached the whole thing to a neoprene backing. Some day I'll get the whole suit but for now I'll sit back and admire his work.

I'm sorry to say that, but Applied Sciences Division is the most talented TDK replicator today, he is the new Hells Kitchen and maybe better because he has upgraded the whole suit by 3D technologies, nothing to do with GCFX suits (verry bad finish due to old molds).

Really devoted to his work and paying attention to all details on the suit like the right color (not black not grey but in the middle of them).

Before to talk about people that you dont know and you had never bought anything from them, be fairplay and dont say anything.

I know ASD products and they are awesome.
Relax the cax there mate. Shimo asked for advice and I gave him mine. It's a fact that the suit is over 1 year late. It's a fact that he's not shown an example of his carbon inserts. Facts are useful when trying to make a decision. Those are the reasons I wouldn't take the risk with Kris. Others are welcome to make the case for him. I don't mind either way.

Shimo I have a UD suit there made very good but are not the movie suit if your looking for spot on a darn near movie quality Applied Science Division is the place.. Kris is a great guy like any cosplay person they get involved in making props and costumes.Then offering what they make to the public.There is that time when you go from someone making stuff in there bed room,basement or garage to a work space that can help to getting the stuff your making into the hands of buyers.
This is what Kris just went through over the last couple of months.
I was understanding of this and we kept in contact I told him when your up and running let me know it took him the next to two months to get set up and start pumping out orders..
Was the Patience to wait worth it I would say Yes ðŸ‘ðŸ»Kris sent me out my Batman Dawn of Justice grapple gun kit and it's a Great piece of art. I can say he makes stuff just as good as any top prop maker.
I've only seen photos of his TDK costume suit I'm sure there just as great as other products ASD makes... Hope this helps n your decision.
😊

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I have purchased from this company before, very professional, extremely nice people, items are second to none! I have many other things on my wish list from these guys! Definitely worth the investment. Good luck, enjoy and take care!

Dont mean to turn this into a "We love Kris!" thread, but the man does have a decent turnaround when you factor in price and and development he does. And I wouldn't be concerned about his initial delay on his TDK suit, seeing as he has churned out pretty much every doj prop in amazing quality in the year since.

@Shimo I have a UD suit there made very good but are not the movie suit if your looking for spot on a darn near movie quality Applied Science Division is the place.. Kris is a great guy like any cosplay person they get involved in making props and costumes.Then offering what they make to the public.There is that time when you go from someone making stuff in there bed room,basement or garage to a work space that can help to getting the stuff your making into the hands of buyers.
This is what Kris just went through over the last couple of months.
I was understanding of this and we kept in contact I told him when your up and running let me know it took him the next to two months to get set up and start pumping out orders..
Was the Patience to wait worth it I would say Yes ðŸ‘ðŸ»Kris sent me out my Batman Dawn of Justice grapple gun kit and it's a Great piece of art. I can say he makes stuff just as good as any top prop maker.
I've only seen photos of his TDK costume suit I'm sure there just as great as other products ASD makes... Hope this helps n your decision.
😊

Hi, I have purchased from this company before, very professional, extremely nice people, items are second to none! I have many other things on my wish list from these guys! Definitely worth the investment. Good luck, enjoy and take care!

Call me sceptical but both of these accounts were just created today. If I didn't know any better I'd think these were created purely to provide false references. Coincidence?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back