Would you recommand UD Replicas for a TDK Suit? Which Cowl?

I have no horse in that race either way, however Kris did post on the ASD facebook page with a link back to this thread, as he felt he was being given an unfair review of his services in it, and wished to call attention to it there as well. That could easily explain a couple people that might not have been members prior, coming here and signing up to offer their opinions, based on that post. I have not yet personally purchased anything from there, so I can't say either way.

I will say though, that back to the OP, that for accuracy going, it does seem to be the best option at the moment. I would obviously follow advice above, talk to current customers of his (even use the FB page to reach out to other customers), get something in writing, and a backup plan for if say, a timeline isn't met, or so on.

The UD Set will be very functional, at say, 90% accuracy, and UD has a proven track record right from the start and plenty of support from customers. ASD is still building their name, so some people might be wary, and it's hard to say if that skepticism is warranted yet or not, based on what little information I've seen so far. Personally, I had no problem pulling the UD trigger.

If you want to make the UD suit a tiny bit more accurate you can always replace the leather chest panel with a urethane one. It isnt hard. Just a suggestion. Everyone is going to have opinions one way or another when it comes to the TDK suit.

You can get Kris's armor fro Applied Sciences here, they took over his molds. Kris's molds were taken from an original tour suit as I was told and you can tell how accurate it is. I'm grateful Kris took this on years ago to get such a definitive replica.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/454488...arch_query=dark knight armor&ref=sr_gallery_3

You still need a custom fitted mesh undersuit but it's worth it and more accurate.

Some pics of me in each so you can compare. The birthday picture with the little boy is the UD suit.

546882_10151141428475966_1114834130_n.jpg1157599_10151576973620966_1249457102_n.jpg530749_10151139659720966_2037779618_n.jpg1978806_10151996429620966_1807966525_n.jpg254241_10151149460385966_772401309_n.jpg

Last edited:
So, I give him the benefit of the doubt - message Applied Sciences Division on Etsy and post on his Facebook page. NO REPLY to either.... Oh well, suspicions confirmed. No point making one great product, when you can't make more or even be bothered to reply to prospective customers.

So, I give him the benefit of the doubt - message Applied Sciences Division on Etsy and post on his Facebook page. NO REPLY to either.... Oh well, suspicions confirmed. No point making one great product, when you can't make more or even be bothered to reply to prospective customers.

Big surprise

Sorry to resurrect this post but I was one of Kris's (Applied Sciences) TDK pre order customers. I'm sorry to say that after almost 18 months of empty promises and holding onto my money I received absolutely nothing from him. Not even the Sticky Bomb Gun I'd actually won on his eBay auction. All I got was promises of "it's coming, It's coming" and the so called delivery date slipped from May 2016 to "sometime in May 2017". When I finally lost my patience he had the nerve to get upset at ME for not appreciating his work and cancelled My order for the suit, the SBG gun and an EMP gun he had promised as compensation for the delay. He also banned any future custom from me lol, but thankfully refunded my money. Left me feeling bitterly disappointed that someone can act this way, especially as he has the HK masters.but lesson learned. I'd steer well clear of him. Have to agree with the above. He seems to start a new project every week and hasn't actually finished any of the big ticket items and seems in way over his head.

Sorry to resurrect this post but I was one of Kris's (Applied Sciences) TDK pre order customers. I'm sorry to say that after almost 18 months of empty promises and holding onto my money I received absolutely nothing from him. Not even the Sticky Bomb Gun I'd actually won on his eBay auction.

Aw damn, I've had my eye on that sticky bomb gun... (sorry to take this off topic from the OP)

We also have HK masters. Got them direct from HK and been sitting on them for a good while. We thought maybe the market was too saturated to even bother restoring and molding.

That's excellent news Kevin. So you're considering doing the suit now then? There is loads of interest in this suit, I get messaged about the suit every week on Instagram but have to tell people there's no one making them anymore (I obviously never recommend the Applied Science clown). Can't wait to see your version. Should I start sending people in your direction?

Aw damn, I've had my eye on that sticky bomb gun... (sorry to take this off topic from the OP)

lol well seeing I paid for mine in December 2015 and was told I'd get it by May 2016 with some upgrades along with my TDK suit but received diddly squat, Is question whether you need it this year before you place an order. The item looks great. It's the delivery timescale that's a joke. Along with a seller you dare not question lest he cancel your order lol

- - - Updated - - -

We also have HK masters. Got them direct from HK and been sitting on them for a good while. We thought maybe the market was too saturated to even bother restoring and molding.

Well you've got one customer lined up here. Your cape was awesome and delivered spot on schedule from overseas. THATS customer service :)

That's excellent news Kevin. So you're considering doing the suit now then? There is loads of interest in this suit, I get messaged about the suit every week on Instagram but have to tell people there's no one making them anymore (I obviously never recommend the Applied Science clown). Can't wait to see your version. Should I start sending people in your direction?

Well we are still on the fence and need to clear out a couple projects first. Encouraging to hear there's still interest out there though.

Well you've got one customer lined up here. Your cape was awesome and delivered spot on schedule from overseas. THATS customer service :)

Much appreciated. ;) Might be a month or 2 before we could get to it but I will discuss with my partner.

Kevin do the TDK suit, your product quality and turn around time is always great !
i had to wait almost 3 years for my TDK suit from HK back in the days.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back