New Jumanji Movie Discussion

The official Jumanji facebook page posted this photo earlier this evening. Looks like they're preparing to advertise publicly pretty soon!

Q03skzW.jpg

Attachments

• 17800377_763239277163955_4629375200147255913_n.jpg
    17800377_763239277163955_4629375200147255913_n.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 87
Good news all! According to a tweet by The Rock himself...

Been working on this one for a while now. Pumped to show you the goods. Trailer debuts in two weeks w/ Spider-Man. #Jumanji
1f418.png
1f98f.png
1f40d.png
1f4ab.png

So I'll definitely be in line for Spiderman day one! I'm more excited for the trailer before the movie I'm paying to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
jumanjinew.jpg
Well that's it guys, that's the new Jumanji board (although I still have a feeling we're going to see a computer game version). I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed in how inaccurate this board is. Plenty of mistakes on the main plate, which is definitely a new sculpt (look at that lettering and Van Pelt) and everything is incredibly square (look at the edges of the board and the small handles on the sides where the fingers go). I have the feeling that this was designed to be easily CNCed.

With all those observations though, it's still an incredibly beautiful prop, and is a nice testament to the original. But I think I'll stick with my current replica, which is much more accurate to the original board than this is.

as long as its a game board i love it! i was not a fan of the video game idea. but it is a who new era... i just have a hard time excepting the "new times"

I'm excited to see this board

I hope you're ready for disappointment halliwax, because it's definitely a video game.

Trailer06.jpg

Guess I'll have to start making one of these before the film premiere! I'll exchange one of my organs for more photos of this prop or any information about it. It's not the original board game, but as for making a video game console, I really love the vibe of that prop and definitely have to make one of my own!

I hope you're ready for disappointment halliwax, because it's definitely a video game.

View attachment 739783

Guess I'll have to start making one of these before the film premiere! I'll exchange one of my organs for more photos of this prop or any information about it. It's not the original board game, but as for making a video game console, I really love the vibe of that prop and definitely have to make one of my own!

Aawwwww then why do we have the game board picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw the trailer and I enjoyed it, it takes the essence of the story and gives it a bit of a twist. Personally, I like that they've updated it a bit and made it into a video game, albeit an old console game, I feel that it helps make this movie stand on its own while still adhering to base idea behind the original about the game being more than just a game. Face it, if they did make it just like the original a lot of you here would be pissing and moaning at how they just copied the original and how unoriginal that was and how they should have done something different.

View attachment 739783

This might get you started on the basic shape.

This is giving me flashbacks to Ghostbusters. This is going to be total different but is going to repeat the beats of the old one. First of all, this could easy be in the same universe as the old one. Its a game that has been around for centuries, and this could just be another chapter. Second of all, why a video game? And what is a magic videogame doing in a basement of a high school? I swear to god, if this is "i put this machine here to teach you all a lesson" im never watching a sony movie ever again.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back