Los Angeles, CA based seamstress needed

WithGreatPower

Hello all!

I've followed an old thread of an Ultimate Spidey suit for years and finally pulled the trigger on it for LA's Comikaze event this October. I've got everything ready:
- Fabric printed and in hand
- Lenses on their way
- Shoes in hand (foot?)

However, I still need to get this suit (and my g/f's Silk suit) tailored. I initially sought out RPF member trophywife on all channels but have not heard back so I'm guessing she's out of the biz. Not finding much else on RPF as a source for experienced tradespeople for super hero costume sewing.

Does anyone have any advice before I take these down to the fashion district and practice my Spanish?

Thanks!

Look up Cut Sew Stitch located in Claremont, it's a 30min drive from LA. Nancy runs the shop and can sew it for you or she can teach the skill to do it yourself. She also has helpers that are passionate cosplayers. Good luck, hope this helps

Look up Cut Sew Stitch located in Claremont, it's a 30min drive from LA. Nancy runs the shop and can sew it for you or she can teach the skill to do it yourself. She also has helpers that are passionate cosplayers. Good luck, hope this helps

That's a huge help! I'm familiar with Claremont so that's all good with me.

Thank you!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back