Wonder Woman (2017) Costume w/templates

JadeD16

Hey All!
I'm going to TRY and do a Wonder Woman costume for Fan Expo in November. There is a great chance it will end up terrible, but ya gotta try. I've started with what I know best... Photoshop. I've begun templating the shield. I'm just about done. Here's a screenshot of the almost finished thing, I will upload the file once done.
After I'm done the shield it will start concepting the rest, and how I'm possibly going to do this with my limited skill.... HERA HELP ME.... actually all the gods help me. :)

WW-ShieldF.jpg
I added in the inner 'slashes'... They're not perfect, the whole inner rays are a little off. But that will have to be adjusted later.
WW - SheildFullDetailF.jpg

TiaraF.jpg
Bracelet Template.jpg

Last edited:
Took a couple of days of researching and tempting off. Though I did go to the fabric store and got some different fabrics to test out. I took some sandpaper
and tried to pill/weather them, to see which one best resembles the real one. I'm not 100% sold on the ones I got. Last night I also started templating the bracers.
Regarding the cloak, I'm still at a loss on the fringe.
It might be a couple of days before I can continue. I've got a deadline for work, so that means long days of pure focus on that.

I'm back! Time to start focusing fully to get this done. The BUILDING BEGINS, yay.
I'm starting on the tiara. First I'm going to make it with 2mm foam. Using multiple layers. Though after I'm done with that I might try making it with 6mm and sculpting it with the rotary tool.
For all the 'metal' props I'm going to make out of foam, and then I'm going to try and coat them using resin. If anyone has suggestions on what type of resin to use, I'd love your expertise as I've never used them before.
Everything needed has a rough sketch (at least) done.
Well its time to get working. -- I've included a couple of shots from my sketchbook/project book.
DSCF3464.JPGDSCF3465.JPGDSCF3466.JPG

I finished the tiara (sans paint). I also put together the little strap detail, but it ended up being a bit too small.
DSCF3473.JPGDSCF3474.JPG

I sealed the tiara, but I'm not 100% sold on it. I might still try to use resin over top. Hopefully this week I can put some serious time into the project.

excited to see your progress i myself will begin this lone soon! Awesome work!:)
Thanks! I don't know what Wonder Woman you'll be going with but I made a Definitive Wonder Woman thred. I've put a lot of reference pictures from the current Wonder Woman.

So... I was already to start the shield today, but when I went to grab the piece of foam I was going to use (and swore it was a full piece) only to find that it was a half of a mat, with chunks taken out it. Otherwise know as useless... for what I need. Hopefully I can get to the store soon. Argh.

an update... I'm going to have to stop for the moment. If I do get anything done, I will be sure to post, but other than that I'm mostly going to be radio silent on this
project, which sucks.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back