1/6 scale Oblivion figure diorama

SCUDMAN

Sr Member
I am building a diorama for my 1/6 scale Jack Harper figure

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 472
Next up- I screw and glue the laminated MDF panels togetherimage.jpegNow that I have the basic shape of the diorama I can begin detailing with styrene plastic detailsimage.jpeg

My insperation for this build is the overall backdrop of the movie, the decaying ruins of the old earth. One of my favorite scenes in the film is when Jack Harper is riding his motorcycle between the half buried rusting ships. For this build I imagine what it must be like in the bowls of one of those ships, or deep within the stronghold of the human resistance. This build is guided by my imagination rather than a recreation of a scene from the movie. This build is also guided by what I have in my "leftover parts" bin. ;)
thank you for looking.

Hello all. Now I am going to fabricate some parts that I will use to add some depth and dimension to the diorama. I am going to start off with some acrylic boxes.
image.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

Using the acrylic box as my basic shape, I add detail with Evergreen styrene plastic profiles and shapes.
image.jpeg

Looks great so far. Can't wait to see this finished ! Sorry, I have no patience....

You have the figure already I'm assuming ? For some reason, the attachments in your first post don't open on my phone....

Thank you for the encouragement. I do have the figure, and it is quite nice. If you like the movie I highly recommend it. The headsculpt has a very good likeness and the uniform is beautifully made, boots and all. My only criticism is that it's too "clean" looking. I may remedy this by weathering the figure a bit. Thank you again for looking.

I have a quick update. Using some styrene sheet to create floor tiles, I detailed the floor of the diorama.
image.jpeg
I also used some styrene tubes and rods to add "plumbing" to the outside edge of the floor, as well as a few model kit parts and a large acrylic dome.
image.jpeg
Thank you for looking.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 102
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back