Silent Running Drones Huey, Dewey and Louie

richardl

I just received all 3 Silent Running drones in the mail today which I ordered from http://www.bronsoncanyon.com/. If you know Tom Seiler, he has redone them
to be even more accurate. Blown away by the accuracy and detail. There's even a rabbit, water can, shovel and flower included and can be lit up :)

I just got home and unboxed them but I"ll get more pics and do a build thread here on them. I'm really excited about these as you don't see them
available very often. I'm not sure on the colors so if anyone has done them and can recommend some paints, that would be helpful.

kit arrive 8 aug 2016a.jpgkit arrive 8 aug 2016b.jpg

Tonight, I sanded the feet/foot pads by lightly sanding them to remove the flashing. I also removed the 5 small parts from the spruce/tree. Did a dry run.
Will prob prime tomorrow or Fri. Parts are superbly cast and fit like a glove.
dryfit1.jpgdryfit2.jpgdryfit3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Tonight, I sanded the feet/foot pads by lightly sanding them to remove the flashing. I also removed the 5 small parts from the spruce/tree. Did a dry run.
Will prob prime tomorrow or Fri. Parts are superbly cast and fit like a glove.
dryfit1.jpgdryfit2.jpgdryfit3.jpg

Tonight, I mixed some paints. Took awhile to get it to what I liked. The camera flash makes it look much more shinier than it really is.
I'll have to post pics tomorrow in the sun light.HP1.jpgHP2.jpgHP3.jpg

At this scale, I didn't want to go too dark on the gray. I had several Model Master greys but it's a combination of Gun Metal and Euro gray as tHueyGray.jpghe Gun metal was too dark and the Euro to light so after some trial and error, I was happy with the grey which will be used on \all 3 drones.

Painted red on lower half, feet and shins. Used a combination of enamels, humbrol 60, 220 and 132. Painted the alum bits and rear inside light with gloss black then Alclad alum. Oh, also, Louie saying Good Morning to Tom Seiler.
Again, pics are brighter with camera than they really are. I'm guessing possibly 2 Louie's were made as the black clips in the lower body in some pics are horizontal while vertical in others.

clips.jpgGM TOM.jpg

Not sure if I mention this before, but it's a tremendous help this kit includes the Aztec stenciling/decals which made the job much easier. aztec numbering.jpgaztec numbering2.jpg

Did some alclad alum on the parts tonight. Also did the legs in an off light blue. AlcladLegs.jpg I think that's it for most of the painting, now just some minor parts on top of Huey (the yellow plates and the center piece). I think I might also do Alclad alum on the ring/gasket on top of the footbad where the black rubber is located.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back