What is your favourite Graflex lightsaber version?

BlueHarvester

Hey guys!

I was thinking to myself the other day about the different variations of the Graflex Skywalker lightsaber seen in ANH, ESB and TFA (I am not interested in the Prequels version of the saber seen in ROTS). I am wondering what everyone's opinion was on the different versions of the saber and which was your personal favourite or which you consider to be the "best" version of the saber? My personal favourite has always been Luke's ESB lightsaber (I know there are many different variations of the saber used in ESB but they are all very similar), I like this one the most as it has lots of screen time as Luke uses it more than in ANH.

I am very interested to see everyone's opinion and thoughts, Thanks :D

Wow, how awesome is that! I hadn't seen that thread before, that is really cool. Thanks for the link :) . If there are any other threads with a similar topic feel free to point me in the right direction.

ANH

There is only ANH ........ and then the "others". Other stuff might be acceptable, to different stages, but the ANH stuff (saber, blaster, binocs, whatever) will always be on top of the foodchain, everything else ist just copies.

.......but of all the other variations, I am really liking Rey's TFA version. Cannot wait to start constructing that one!!!
:p

..... I like them all :D

bottom_zpsljldhw5s.jpg

I wonder what Episode 8 is going to change on the Graflex, if they change it at all.... Maybe they'll be the first movie to keep it consistent in their own trilogy?

Another vote for the ANH. Still the "original" everything else is compared to, in my opinion. Its what I think of first when I hear the word lightsaber.

Had to really think about it. Rey/Luke TFA mainly because of the symmetry. Six tracks. Button and then glass eye. The second button on the ESB version didn't make sense to me.

ANH came in a very close second. I like the non-riveted grips the best. Just thought it odd that it's an odd number rather than an even. I like the circuit card over the bubble strip, too.

Though, Graflex 2.0 build is going to be TFA, saving the ANH build for Roman's replica when it arrives. That build deserves to be the original ANH one for me.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back