ROGUE ONE - Jyn Erso "Imperial Ground Crew" disguise

URL=http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/dubcity022002/media/image_zpshf0rqwhl.jpeg.html]
image_zpshf0rqwhl.jpg
[/URL]

URL=http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/dubcity022002/media/image_zpswcyy1kkq.jpeg.html]
image_zpswcyy1kkq.jpg
[/URL]

image_zpskkaj1r4h.jpg

image_zpsbo8jucgr.jpg

image_zpstv9mvrdb.jpg

Hopefully those help.
I have a few pics of the backpack I'll post soon.
Nothing great, only side views, but I'm putting together a sketch of what I saw.

I was so close to having them actually open the case and turning the suit around for me to get a picture.
They actually looked for someone with a key, but to no avail.
The head person I spoke to, took my email address and said if he could get a few pictures of the backpack, he would send them to me.
Im sure the movie will be out by then, but hey, I tried.
Robert

Here's the two pictures that best show the backpack.
I know they're not the best, but you can make out the shape and most of the detail.
I did a quick sketch of what I saw.
Sorry, I know it's not the best rendition.
Maybe someone can use it to put together a 3D model.
Ill answer any questions I can to help put that together.

image_zps7gs2t3au.jpg

image_zps0iqanvsd.jpg

image_zpszuuz0yix.jpg

Glad to help.
I have a few more that I didn't post.
If there's something specific people are looking for, just ask and I'll see if I have a picture of it.
Robert

The batons actually hang out a bit past the back plate. She wears the same gloves and boots. Anyone know of someone doing a run on the chest pieces? My costume is finished including batons(!) except for that crucial component.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone is doing the chest plate and backpack run count me in!

The batons actually hang out a bit past the back plate. She wears the same gloves and boots. Anyone know of someone doing a run on the chest pieces? My costume is finished including batons(!) except for that crucial component.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what is everyone's opinion on the additional stitching on the flight suit? It is purely decorative, for sure. I currently have the cosplaysky flightsuit that was modified for Jyn's double pockets etc. However, I am wondering if it would be better to stitch directly onto the suit -or- get matching fabric and then sew the panels onto the suit. Not sure what would be best. Has anyone else started working on this?

the panels look like separate pieces.
The top part is attached differently than the bottom.

The bottom is clearly added on the outside where the top looks like it's smooth until it pleats in.
pleats.jpg

the panels look like separate pieces.
The top part is attached differently than the bottom.

The bottom is clearly added on the outside where the top looks like it's smooth until it pleats in.
View attachment 690744

There's probably a zipper underneath and this panel covers it up. Not to say that the outer panel is there solely to conceal a zipper, but one could be hiding behind it, and this outer panel could velcro over it on one side. That's how I'd personally build it, anyways, so long as it matched externally.

There's probably a zipper underneath and this panel covers it up. Not to say that the outer panel is there solely to conceal a zipper, but one could be hiding behind it, and this outer panel could velcro over it on one side. That's how I'd personally build it, anyways, so long as it matched externally.
The zipper goes down the middle, you can see the opening in the pic I posted.

Re: ROGUE ONE - Jyn Erso "Imperial Ground Crew" disguise

I think the velcro may be there to hold the belt in place due to the weight of the boxes.

I agree ! The belt tend to bend in front, even with light boxes made in foam. It's also because of the weight of the metallic buckle I think. I had to ajust it during my first trooping.
Velcro on the shoes need to be sew to it too. I used adhesive, but it detached all the time. It don't stick to the leather.

- - - Updated - - -

You look so awesome!

Thank you!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back